Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tobi's Imperial Fort Set Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hello again guys.

I got that intership I talked about and I have just started, it turns out it somewhat long workdays - from 9.00 to 17.00 - and transport is an extra hour every way.
Which means I'm exhausted when I get back home. So it's very likely that I won't get much work done on this project.

The files got uploaded allright didn't they? Do they work in-game?

I'll see if I can install 3dsmax on my work computer, that way I might be able to get something done when there's no work to be done.

Sorry for my lack of availability.
Hi Tobi!

Nice to hear from you again. Congratulations on that internship :goodjob:

I can report that the files were downloaded by myself. I tested some of them out in-game and they look absolutely stunning! Normally I have problems with new stuff (I think it's down to my incompetence with technical stuff) but this was no problem at all. In fact, I started playing with it but then other tasks took over. Since I stopped landscape modding I had no personal use for it. However, I would very much recommend its use here to anyone.

It would take a little time to get to know the tileset as it's huge! But it would certainly be worthwhile.....I'm amazed no one seems to have used it yet....the drawbridge looks nice too.
I'm glad to hear that. The rooftops are still missing though, sorry about that.

Btw: Have you guys found another to do the interrior parts? I doubt I have the time to make any.

Edit; Got 3dsmax installed on my work pc, might be able to make some interrior parts anyway.
Does niftools work on 3dsMax 2009?
Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane
Does niftools work on 3dsMax 2009?
Yep, be sure to grab the latest version.
Excellent - I'll check it out today.

I won't promise that I will make interior pieces, but I would like some time before I decide.

I expect some tricky parts though, I doubt I'm allowed to install Oblivion or the CS on my PC, but if the filepaths are correct I don't think that should be a problem. I still won't know if it actually works ingame, so that has to be tested as well.

Also I think I'll use my own textures for interior pieces, unless it takes up like a gb of space Big Grin
I think I can make some really good looking textures.

Edit: Can someone tell the the filepath of one of my fort model meshes? not the textures, I was able to find that path.
I want to make sure I save new models in the right directory.
If you want you can use for the inside the "base" texture I've made for the outside textures:
http://stilgar.bplaced.de/oblivion/Imperial%20Fort/
Hey guys, have you found someone to make the interior set?
I have found something else to do, besides work.
So I have no time to mod making, I hardly have time for gaming anymore.

I've begun on this self-help , personality improving quest and it's going really well so I want to pursue that.

So I really have no time for modmaking anymore, the first days looked promising, but they were actually just being easy on my, I'm not much more busy.
Bad news for us but I hope that you're happy as you are, Tobi =) !

Do we have any takers for the interiors, perhaps?

Actually, there are a couple of pieces missing, are there not? Anyone for those?
Thanks for submitting your work Tobi. I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to finalize it, but it happens sometimes and when it does we don't usually get lucky enough to get copies of the files.

Would you be able to outline what pieces are missing from your exterior set and, if possible, share a few pointers that might make it easier for someone who would do the remaining work?

If no-one beats me to it I'll certainly do the interior set at some point in the future. I have a vested interest in it since I want to remake the castle in Reich Parkeep Smile
Hi guys, sorry for the late response but as you know, Christmas is a busy time.

As the the exterior set, I think the only thing I weren't able to do was the rooftops, I think everything else is complete. If anything else is missing it will properly be some railings or battlements. I think most of those problems can be solved by mirroring existing models (although mirroring doesn't really work in 3d Mmax, you have to use the symmetry modifier instead (which usually results in a wierd looking bounding box in the TES CS)

As for the interior set. I guess you're pretty much free to go. Don't overuse the polycount, but the Vertex Paint Modifier is great for making "dark corners" and such.
If you want to keep the "spirit" of my exterior set then make the interior set very customizable. But make sure that modders can make something that looks exactly like the Morrowind set pieces.
And don't import any of the original Morrowind pieces. Build yours a 100% from scratch.
And most importantly, let your imagination run wild. Have an idea for a secret doorway? Then make it real.

That's about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31