Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tobi's Imperial Fort Set Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane
The texture isn't really a problem. It's the mesh I'm interested in.

Yup, this machine won't install proberly that is. when it reaches 87% there's an error with data2.cab, something about cyclic redundancy check or something like that...

Have you tried running it in Xp compatability mode?

edit: Tobi, I did a search for you and found that the most common issue of a data2.cab error is a dirty or scratched disk.

It could also be virus software but less likely.
Just wanted to say that Buckmoth Fort looked cool there. Nice work!
Quote:Originally posted by ZurkeI am not sure what you mean by texture replacer? It was a CS pic. You mean I might have loaded textures from a previous mod?
Texture replacers are not plugins. They're effective even in the CS because the CS uses the same data files as the game after all.

The stones on the walls are definitely not the original textures.

Yup, this machine won't install proberly that is. when it reaches 87% there's an error with data2.cab, something about cyclic redundancy check or something like that...

This is not a problem with the operating system but with the disc -- it is damaged. Sorry.
Quote:Originally posted by Gez
Texture replacers are not plugins. They're effective even in the CS because the CS uses the same data files as the game after all.

The stones on the walls are definitely not the original textures.

I realize what a plugin is Smile. What I meant was a texture from a previous plugin. I thought you would realize that, sorry.

It has been a few years since I was playing TES3 so I may have tried a mod that had new textures, I can't say for sure. But if you say so then so be it. I guess Tobi is looking for the meshes any how.

@IG, thanks man Smile. I use Printkey 4.0.
scratchy disk? no prop, I got like seven copies of Morrowind Big Grin
I'll just make an iso file and launch it with daemon tools, that has helped me with similar problems in the past.

I'll post some pictures when I have a few things to show off, the secret door is really cool, You really don't know it's there.

Still trying to fiqure of how customizable I want to make it.
I'll post some pictures when I have a few things to show off, the secret door is really cool, You really don't know it's there.
Perhaps we should make it a remotely triggered activator then - if it's set up as a door the usual text and crosshair change will take place, thus giving away it's position.
Yeah that's true, we don't want to spoil the secret now do we? Tongue
(imagine daedric ruins littered with secret areas...)

I think that secret doors in Oblivion, like in Leyawiin castle, don't have funny text popping up, they must be activators then. Probaly best to do them the same way. (btw the secret door only has to rotate 90 degrees around it's pivot point. doesn't get more simple than that)

I'll show you two pictures, I wanted to show them to a friend but I'm showing them to you as well:
Now you DON'T see it...
Now you DO!

Working on a secret stair in the floor. It's gonna be awesome
Sweet stuff, Tobi! Thrilled by the idea of stairs. Many years ago, a modder friend of mine from the Thief forums created an animated stair model that seemed to just blow any opposition model out of the water....so my hopes are high for that one =).
I think that secret doors in Oblivion, like in Leyawiin castle, don't have funny text popping up, they must be activators then. probably best to do them the same way. (btw the secret door only has to rotate 90 degrees around it's pivot point. doesn't get more simple than that)
Do you think we should have a particle system for some dust (like the secret door in the prison at the start of Oblivion)? It would obviously take longer to get the whole thing animated, but would probably add to the effect quite a bit. Might even be sufficient to nab the existing one from the vanilla Oblivion prison door.
Perhaps, I don't know how to add dust or effects like that. I have never even touched particle systems before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31