Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Although there are still plenty of models left to do, I'm starting to consider what else we can add beyond the beta regions. As we get increasingly more towards a full complement of models for the beta, we'll need to look more towards further development.

At the moment, I think some of the more important stuff includes the missing house interiors and, something not mentioned here, the Sarpa and Paatru races. We still have the basic models for both of these. However, the Sarpa model that TheModaxJago originally created still has no animations and, although we had planned to use the base model of the TMNT mod for the Paatru, we're still lacking a texture for them.

However, considering the fact that we've incorporated Senten's jungle homes and Vintra's Sarpa homes that go beyond the beta regions then it would be worth taking a look at other forms of architecture that we might use. Koniption has been working on a model for Murkwood as well. Some of these settlements will simply make use of the current models but the likes of Helstrom should be entirely unique. An expansion/variation on the Hist Shrines would be desirable but we really need a pyramid structure that fits with the style currently used. Egyptian pyramids are undesirable. We're looking more towards a Mayan construction. I'll try nudging Shadowgame.
Right. I've been waiting for this. There are 2 things I can think of right away for beyond the beta regions:

1. A few months ago I got permission from Phitt to use any of the meshes from his Sheogorad Mod that "he already offered Silgrad Tower", on the condition that we only release this content after he has released his own. I didn't mention this sooner because I thought the beta release would be a lot further off. But the offer still stands. There is a variety of Morrowind-themed stuff in there that would be ideal for both Dres squatter settlements and the older Velothi parts of Archon and Thorn.

2. For the city of Lilmoth, we should definitely use the Jurad tileset: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23604 It has everything - canals, warehouses, dockyards, decaying manors, a palace and a cathedral. All would need heavily retexing, and it lacks interiors (although I'm sure we could make something with the modular leyawiin pieces). The UC districts could make use of Anvil-style mansions.
That all sounds good. I'm familiar with the Jurad set and, to an extent, the Sheogorad mod as well but I'm not sure which buildings you speak of exactly. Do you happen to have any pics to hand? It might help me to picture the overall look and feel of the Eastern shoreline.
Ah yes, Ald Nium. All that stuff would be great. Would the mushy trees cross into BM though? It would be nice to use them. I love those trees!

I had personally envisaged Lilmoth entirely differently...kind of like Mania but more overcome with undergrowth. The main goal is to accomplish the feat of living up to the nickname 'The Festering Jewel' so any way to achieve this would be good. I realise that Venice's canals really stink but I'm thinking there's some other way to soil this really quite neat and clean tileset beyond a mere retexture.
I can see where you're coming from, Ibsen, the only trouble is, a dirty, muddy, wrecked Mania would pretty much look like Dementia. And whilst I agree, that's exactly what Lilmoth should look like, I really think it would be better to use a new set if possible, so that we avoid people thinking "oh, it's just a ripoff of Shivering Isles..."

Possibly combining the architectural styles would be a good way to go. A retex is a must for the jurad stuff, plus we would have narrow streets clogged with filth, and most importantly, many of the buildings half-sunk into the ground, some of them tilted at crazy angles and with the tops of doors sticking up just above the floor (with a hastily made new entrance through a second-storey window).

Remember, though, that Lilmoth is a very wealthy city, and there will be some areas that are well maintained (and probably walled off and heavily guarded to ensure this!)

Edit:
The mushroom trees would probably be around, but only to the extent that the Dunmer imported them to grow for food, materials etc. (we could have overgrown slave plantations, for example). I'd prefer to have them everywhere but it says quite clearly in lore that the really weird stuff is pretty much restricted to central Morrowind.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[snip]
At the moment, I think some of the more important stuff includes the missing house interiors and, something not mentioned here, the Sarpa and Paatru races. We still have the basic models for both of these. However, the Sarpa model that TheModaxJago originally created still has no animations and, although we had planned to use the base model of the TMNT mod for the Paatru, we're still lacking a texture for them.

I still have that GarudaSCENE.rar archive that TheModaxJago created on May 20, 2009, and then uploaded. I managed to download it. So I do have the Sarpa model on hand, as a .max scene file, and also the textures TMJ had worked on for it at the time.

I just haven't done anything with the files, because we thought TMJ would eventually have time to do the rigging and animations.

If you want, I can do the rigging myself. I might can do the animations, too, if they are really needed. With OBSE, it is now possible to have NPC's use a different set of animations than what the vanilla races use. It will be a lot more work to redo all the animations (hundreds of them), than just the skeleton and rigging job together. To save time and effort, I can also opt to only replace certain animations with Sarpa specific ones, and just copy over the vanilla anims for the rest of the Sarpa anims. I plan to make the Sarpa use the human skeleton anyway, and maybe an altered one that has added bones for whatever reason - so the vanilla anims will be compatible and may very well be all that is needed in some instances.

I will send a PM to TMJ, and see if he responds. I want to ask him if he has any more recent Garuda files than what I downloaded, whether I can have those files, and also if it's ok with

Quote:However, considering the fact that we've incorporated Senten's jungle homes and Vintra's Sarpa homes that go beyond the beta regions then it would be worth taking a look at other forms of architecture that we might use. Koniption has been working on a model for Murkwood as well. Some of these settlements will simply make use of the current models but the likes of Helstrom should be entirely unique. An expansion/variation on the Hist Shrines would be desirable but we really need a pyramid structure that fits with the style currently used. Egyptian pyramids are undesirable. We're looking more towards a Mayan construction. I'll try nudging Shadowgame.

I have not worked on that Murkwood tree city since I last talked to you about it. I have put it on hold so I have time to work on the priority models, and take care of RL stuff in general.

Koniption
Np with the Murkwood model. Your priorities are spot-on.

The Garuda thing would be great. According to our own lore, this breed of Sarpa probably wouldn't fly, as opposed to the one created in Drake's Dragon Wings resource. Therefore, vanilla anims would be perfectly okay. I wouldn't want you slaving away on it. As long as the Sarpa are operational then I'm more than happy! Big Grin

But yes, best to send a PM.
Nercobump; Cast scroll of summon zombie

Hey guys just got a PM asking about the rig for the garuda/serpa race I made.

I've actually have a brand new fully animated and cloth simulated character up on filefront with everything included;

http://www.filefront.com/17210433/GARUD.rar

I'm not sure how compatible this rig is for the OB engine, but I dont think it should be that much of a leap.

Worse case scenario, I will see about translating my rig into character studio and/or motion builder so you can get usable .bip files out of it.

I apologize if the scene is a little complex and hard to read. You will need to take some time to go over it and understand the setup I have. Since most of the stuff I do for you guys is part my experimentation on techniques, the scenes have very little, if at all, polish.

Also, not all the components are usable for ingame, as they are to high poly. The original mesh and feathers though should be just fine.

Again, I'm REALLY not happy with the texture work, so if anyone wants to give a whack be my guest.

It's a pity I can't be more of help here because of IRL stuff.

You know,......if.....

......I could get some sort of minor compensation I could more then willing offer more consistent and robust CG content on a regular basis, as well as support for anything I make. So, might provide a good source of education for everyone to see some highend polished CG characters, instead of my rushed hobby projects I've made so far. Just saying razorwing Wink

Anyway let me know what you guys think.
TMJ reborn!

Well, I certainly don't have a clue how to load this up but I reckon Koniption will have something to say on the matter. After that, maybe I can have a go at sprucing up the textures....although we do have some really good texture artists around who may be able to do a better job than me.

All in all, it's fantastic to hear that this wonderful model is now animated! :bananarock:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17