Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Ok, I got the carved skull done again.
[Image: carvedskull-1.png]
I made it look more like an ancient skull carving found in Africa. I will try to texture it myself, though for some reason I cant export it as a .obj...
I don't know what could be keeping it from exporting... Maybe you can try exporting it as another format. Then open up one of your previous model's scenes that exported ok, delete that model, then import the non-exporting model, then reexport it from that particular scene.

If you have accidentally changed some settings in your 3D application which is causing the model not to export, doing the above steps *might* allow you to export it since you'd be using a scene from before any changes where possibly made to the non-exporting type scene.

Koniption
that looks pretty damned wicked zan' !
Cool as beans! :yes:

I think we may be best off setting this suggestion up as a separate claim: MageHalls . What we need here is a box-shaped interior. It will then be flexible over whether you include the architectural details at all and whether you create them as permanent features or as separate staircase, window, door and balcony models. But as long as I have a cube-shaped interior then I should be able to get this set up. It will need to be quite large in order to fit in any vanilla staircase models (if it's just the interior) as I can't adjust the size of staircase models. Otherwise, the PC is likely to be unable to walk up huge, chunky stairs or fall off teeny tiny ones. It should be pretty big anyway in order to be effective.
Dun nun nun nuuuuuuuuuuuuun! (<= Zelda get-item song)

This is a bongo drum. See it do wonderful drum-like things.
[Image: bongodrums.png]

I typed "bongo drums" into my search engine on my computer and found several hundred bongo drum clips in one of my files! How they got there and why they got there is a mystery to me, but I thought it would be a cool idea if whenever you clicked on the bongo drum in-game, it would play one of these bongo beats.

They are saved in .caf format, though, so I have no idea if you can get anything out of them. It's a shame to accidently have so many wonderful bongo drum rhythms and not have a way to use them.

.OBJ is working again, so... hooray! I tried to UV Map my carved skull over Thanksgiving, but failed... I couldnt even unwrap the model... I am a failure... my goal to become a great modeler continues to allude me. oh well.

I will now steak claim over the Plague Doctor's Mask because it sounds cool. Although... I am not sure what you want me to go for in making this mask. Do you want it to look menacing or friendly? Big or small? Detailed or basic? I really have no idea.
About that audio format you found of the bongo beats:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5150760_convert-caf-wav.html

The drum looks nice. I like the carved skull too.

Wait for Ibsen to reply on the Plague Doctor's mask, because I'm not sure what he wants regarding that. I think "menacing" is the look he wants, but I'm not sure.

Decimate the drum as much as you can, and the skull, too. I'll UVMap it on my end.

Btw, if you have any good pictures of painted carved skulls, please PM them to me, so I can get a feel for the artistry in texturing them.

Misc:

I'm currently working on a mushroom chest/container.
I also finished a mushroom-based goblet a couple days ago.
Ooh, sweet! The Plague Doctor's mask. It will basically be used as a helmet and I'd like various physicians throughout BM to be wearing it, especially in Stormhold where the Hospice is of Mara is. The physicians will investigate and attempt to cure the various diseases using all manner of medieval methods. They should therefore be quite a menacing figure. This may only be because of their associations with disease though.

Regarding the size, it needs to fit over a face like a mask. I'm not sure what the proportions should be for that but if you check out our armour collection in the archive, you will see a folder entitled 'masks'. The Doctor's mask will go in here alongside the others that are marked out for Gideon's circus performers. This may give you some idea of the proportions.

The mask itself isn't tremendously detailed and could be set up purely as a mask (see pic #3 here). However, I will probably need to complete the whole look so the other option is to create either a separate or combined version of the mask + hat + cowl (see pics #1 and 2). If bringing all three together as one then they need to connect up well (with minimum clipping) to the robes that you will find under the blackmarsh-clothes-robes folder such as 'wwornrobem'. This could be tricky though. Good luck! :goodjob:

Btw, could LR please add this request to the OP: Open Model Claims . Thanks!
After the Plague Doctor's Mask, I won't be taking on any more models for a long while. I have a backlog I need to get through, besides continuing some on the audit.

Zaneeba, if you make more models after this mask, you don't have to immediately send them to me. You can try to UVMap and texture them in Blender.

You can also PM me the issues you're having with UVMapping and Texturing, and what confuses you about it.

I also wrote a short tutorial (not the best, but rudimentary):

Blender UVMapping Tutorial, by Koniption

KP
updated OP,

I'm hoping that I will have monday-thursday relatively free this week, so I should be able to finish off the soulrest architecture. I only have one more exterior to do (and maybe a bridge if I can find some suitable uses for it), and 2-3 interiors.

Anaster Marrowmir may have to wait until xmas, which is why I've removed my claim on his clothing for now.

x

edd
hahaha! the Plague doctor looks like the "Spy vs. Spy" cartoon!

As for sending you the models koniption, you dont have to worry. I wont be sending you anything right now anyways because I might need to go back and work on them some.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17