Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
So will it be available as both a totem and an altar then?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
So will it be available as both a totem and an altar then?

Yeah, I will make it available as both versions, just in case.

KP
Cheers, KP. That sounds great. I wonder if we'd be able to set it up so that the egg, head or eye part on the shrine model can be activated. I currently have the 'SE07AltarDementia' model inside the Pholmolo Shaman interior that is currently titled '2BMIGPholmoloShaman02'. It performs a little blast of energy anim when touched that could convey some blessing from the altar such as a resistance to all marsh diseases, barring the Khanaten flu. Hopefully, we can just pass the anim directly across from that model.

@ IS - I'll see if I can draw out a Soulrest interior but I'm not promising anything...my artistic skills are utter crap!
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
@ IS - I'll see if I can draw out a Soulrest interior but I'm not promising anything...my artistic skills are utter crap!

Not looking for pro stuff you know :lmao:, Just basic drawings are really needed, not the best when it comes to dreaming up stuff.
Here's the first one of the supermansion featuring view of the supermansion model from top, bottom and both side elevations. The second of the side views features a rough outline of where the ceilings/floors should be.

How I did this here means that you'll probably have very high ceilings. The biggest potential problem then is in making sure that the quite complex stairwells reach each floor and are in the correct proportions that will allow NPCs to walk up them. I know that KP often uses an NPC model to help her get the proportions right and she may use a stair model such as the Bravil stairs to make sure that stairs work well.

The next three pics are my drawings of how I saw these three levels working. There is basically a central hole down the middle. Down this, you can see right up and down the model.

It's a difficult one to start with but the smaller model of the collection, soulrestucsmall, is a tiny thing that just needs a hole making in the first floor so that a ladder and trapdoor can be placed there and allow access to the upper floor. Alternatively, just create an interior model with two floors (ground and first) and I can add the ladder and trapdoor myself.....should be dead easy....no plans required.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[snip..]
How I did this here means that you'll probably have very high ceilings. The biggest potential problem then is in making sure that the quite complex stairwells reach each floor and are in the correct proportions that will allow NPCs to walk up them. I know that KP often uses an NPC model to help her get the proportions right and she may use a stair model such as the Bravil stairs to make sure that stairs work well.
[snip..]

Actually, I use an NPC to make sure that anything with a ceiling and floor, is high enough between the two of them, to allow NPCs enough room to walk through them.

I import a vanilla stairway model from Oblivion, to measure against my own stairs, so that I don't make the steps to high and too far apart, to where an NPC/player can't go over the collision when walking, when in the game.

Koniption
I make stairs in Blender 2 units high and width from 2 to 4, but since it's a game it can be even less, though it could look weird.

In reality, this relation is used generally:

2H + W = 63 (65) cm (~25 inches)

where H is height and W width.
That doesn't make much practical sense to me as a non-modeller but it sounds really useful nonetheless. Thanks, pero!
@ IG - check out the top of the OP of this thread. Visit the linky I posted. We have gained permission to use Tim & Bobbi Hamill's "Hamill Gallery" website's photos, for texturing puposes on new or existing models. I got permission via email from Bobbi Hamill herself. We will need to credit them, as noted at the top of the OP.

Koniption
Very cool stuff! Duly noted. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17