Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@ alex2avs :

Nice find! I think we already have a similar temple, albeit smaller, made by Morcroft.

I went to the TesNexus link you posted, but the description didn't say whether it could be a modder's resource.

@ Ibsen :

You probably already know this.....
If you download the above temple file from the link that alex2avs posted, read the "Readme" that hopefully comes with the mod. If it doesn't say that you can use the meshes/textures as a modder's resource (use in our own mod), then we can't use the files in that temple mod.

Koniption
I'll send a message to the uploader. :check:

And yes, morcroft has adapted the pyramid that was previously available on TesNexus (can't remember who made the original off the top of my head but I think it was Growlf). Our own pyramid has been adapted to reflect the Hist texture set but I'll take a look at this stuff and see what works. The good news is that I see other items that may come in useful as well (I like the Jaguar pics and stuff).
What at first appears to be a very good model is in fact a piece of piece of clever modding in the vein of the Forts that we found as our original design for Fort Swampmoth. The Temple is composed of many of the ruin models from SI assembled together. It's quite nicely done except for around the back where the join is very, very bad. However, this can be corrected by covering it up.

I cleared part of the area outlined for use with Helstrom and copied-pasted the model assembly into the space. These (screenies) are the results. Notice how the model itself does not have very effective LOD? I wonder if we might be able to use this assembly to merge it together as one model and thereby make it more manageable? Or would that take too much work? Alternatively, do you think it would be possible to create different versions of the separate bricks and alter their LOD data in some way?

I am likely to still use morcroft's model, however. It would probably look best in the Hist Dimension...
I think merging all those pieces together would be way too much work, sadly.

And you'd need the merged close-up model, to accurately make a similar sized "_far.nif" .

Konipiton
I'd feared that might be the case. Nevetheless, perhaps I can use the top part and blend it with morcroft's creation...? We'll see.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'd feared that might be the case. Nevetheless, perhaps I can use the top part and blend it with morcroft's creation...? We'll see.

Perhaps, if it's one whole nif model. Otherwise, you'd have indivudual pieces to deal with, though not as many.

Koniption
I think that Insanity Sorrow had a pyramid very similar to that one, but it was never released.

On the other hand, here's a hole in the ground that I made. I'm not really satisfied with it, but maybe with creative use of rocks, plants, tree stumps and dead logs it wouldn't look bad.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zxxchoh6hds1ted
If I were to mention Bernard Cribbins at this point, how many people would have the least idea why?
At least one.
I'm familiar with him but I must have missed the connection.

Thanks, pero. Interesting little model. I would be more interested in some kind of outdoor cave, however. I had an idea a while back to have a model where the hole here is more bulbous so as to create a space that you can put some architecture and large mushrooms inside. You would basically just drop into it and access the ruin through a little hole but it's the sort of thing that needs a very wide 'lip' just to make sure that the landscape covers the edge.

Nevertheless, I'm going to hang on to this, just in case.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17