Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I tend not to advertise the models that are being created enough but here is a small selection of new items that have arrived from our modellers recently.

The first two is the work that Koniption did on the Plague Doctor. Personally, I think it's a lot better than the work that another modeller did recently and uploaded to TESNexus. After that, you have morcroft's work on redoing the UV maps for the pyramid (created by a modeller I can't remember off the top of my head) followed by ace work by Koniption on the tribal drum (isn't it great?), the 'bullwhipkelp' which you can't see very well here but it is an animated weed intended for our lakes (there are many more of them to the East) and the panpipes. The last three are all by Koniption. :goodjob:
I managed to get these items into the CS today so I'll be adding them to places like the Shamanic huts and, of course, the Stormhold Hospice (our Plague Doctor).
I claim the
Quote: A Broken Bridge model (this is basically a version of the 'GideonBridge2' model that is destroyed at one end).

Open Model Claims

[Image: bbridge.png]

also done. waiting for approval .
Hi AX,

Can you post a top-down screenshot, and an "angled" screenshot showing the broken end of the bridge?

From the screenies you've posted, the "broken" end looks too "clean", and not "rough/shaggy" enough, as if different amounts of bricks are missing from different areas of the broken end. You can probably use Blender's "boolean" feature ("W" key, then "Difference") to subtract the shapes of cube meshes and other sharp-edged meshes, from the end of the bridge. You'll have to retexture those subtracted areas, afterwards, but it shouldn't be too bad of a retexture job.

Lastly, you don't have to do this next related part, but can you make some small piles of similarly textured/broken bricks that are scattered on top of the bridge, near the end of the bridge? It'll make the effect look more real.

Other than that, thanks for already contributing and doing this for us!

Koniption
Here are the other screenshots :

[Image: 1.png]

[Image: 2.png]
Thanks for the other screenshots.

Only issue I see now, is that it doesn't make sense to have the top part broken, while the bottom part looks whole and unbroken....but this raises a good question:

Does Ibsen need this bridge to be an "end bridge piece" only, where the player walks up to the bridge's broken end, and sees no other bridge continuation piece beyond that? If so, then the bottom end of the bridge below the broken top part, also needs to be broken, to make visual sense.

Or does he need this broken bridge form to still connect to other bridge pieces, even from beyond the broken end-piece? This might require another type of broken bridge model, whereby the bridge is cut exactly in half, lengthwise, keeping the bottom parts unbroken, while making holes here and there in the middle of the top part where the player walks. Don't worry about this broken bridge form, yet, because I need to ask Ibsen.

Let me PM Ibsen, and direct him to this thread. He will know better what is needed in terms of this.

Koniption
No need, KP! I tend to check the forums first before my PMs. This bridge is to be used for 'Rottmere's Folly', the bridge that the legendary Iulius Rottmere built. There is a further description of the bridge in this interior claim's description: RERI0102 "Nu-Tlak: KuKulZa's Gatehouse" (Claimed) .

I attached a screenshot here of where I intend to use the broken bridge model which is pretty much the centre of 'Rottmere's Folly' (all of those bridge parts combined).

I thought AX's model should be fine but then I considered how the breaking of the bridge would leave two of the same models facing each other and, considering the fact that the weakest part of the bridge is more likely to be the centre of the model itself then maybe if it were possible to cut down the centre, the effect would work better than at the end. I could then use the same model at either end with a break in the centre.

In other words, cut the model in half and break up the edges a bit.

I do see Koniption's point, however, which, as far as I read it, concerns the idea that the circular, arching part at the bottom may need to be more broken up.

So yes, either a more broken lower arch or a break right down the middle would be spot-on.

I was considering the option of still making the bridge crossable either now or after some quest condition by perhaps using planks or some other temporary corrective means.

Btw, thanks AX! Great work right away! =)
I'll work on in tomorrow , or later , this night.

About the rubble parts Koniption mentioned , what if we'd made them as different parts - like the Oblivion forts rubble , and ayleid rubble ?
Yes, I was thinking the same thing when Koniption mentioned that. I can easily use the existing vanilla rubble models and retexture them appropriately.....unless you particularly wanted to create your own special ones...?
I found this http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38629

[Image: 38629-2-1306518349.jpg]
[Image: 38629-3-1306518206.jpg]

thought that I should let you know Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17