Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open Model Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Also:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31282

This would come in handy for Blackrose, assuming that we're going to go with the plan to use imperial-fort style architecture for the main city.
Heheh, seems my PM to The Modax Jago was picked up on excellently fast.

Thanks for the files TMJ! Yeah, I will have to study the scene setup, and test how the bird exports (in it's current state). You will definitely get credit for your work.

I did look at the Garuda in my version of Max. It loaded ok.

@ Deeza and Ibsen:

From the looks of the skeleton that TMJ used to rig the Sarpa meshes to, I will have to rename the bones to match Oblivion conventions. ALso, due to the way the bones in the skeleton are placed, I think I will have to make all new set of animations for the Sarpa, because a lot of the original vanilla character animations will look just plain weird on the Sarpa when they're played. It will be a lot of work, but if I focus only on this project, with strategic breaks in between, I think I can pull it off.

I can always make the most needed "core" animations for the Sarpa first: Idle, movement anims, and some others. This way, once I get to a certain part with the Sarpa character, I might not be done with all the animations, but you will have enough to go ahead and place the Sarpa in the game even if just as placeholders.

Lastly, it will take me a while to study TMJ's scene and get used to it. I will need to optimize some objects that are hi poly, like TMJ mentioned. I will export the armor and clothing pieces as separate items to equip, though.

This also brings me back to trying to get a custom character's head to animated when talking. I had problems with the sload, in trying to do this. I will try again for the Sarpa, as I have some new ideas since the sload attempt.

Koniption
Hmmm yeah... exporting any animation to the OB engine from my rig might be a pain.

Can someone please refresh me on how OB imports animation?

Can you export baked skin modifier vertex?

As for the high poly elements, I would recommend you just not use them at all for now. Exepct perhaps for the armor parts on the upper and lower leg which can be easily poly reduced. The whole "belt" and cloth thing should be removed as well as the staff.

As for renaming.... wow. That... will be a pain. The set up is VERY complex, and I think some elements are name sensitive so that might cause trouble.

I'll take a quick look back at the scene to see if I can perhaps prepare it a little better so that you could use it without scratching your head trying to figure out how it works.
Sounds very promising. I wouldn't normally distract Koniption but the Sarpa are quite important, particularly to the main quest.

@ Deeza - Yes, those should prove to be very useful (and quite low in terms of memory). We can chop and change between some parts that may be in greater states of disrepair and also use this for Fort Swampmoth. For Blackrose, however, we'd be best using little window mesh additions. I believe I have an appropriate mesh that I can adapt.
Excellent. So when are we planning to start Blackrose? It's a natural choice for our next area after the beta. I only ask because pretty soon we'll be done with interiors, and then we'll be out of my own area of competence and into the questing/scripting stage. I wouldn't mind running ahead a bit and do some planning/basic layout placement while the questing guys get the beta finished.
As soon as we're done with the interiors, basically. In total, I need to finish off Go-Ja Morgoa but there's also Rock Grove, Chasepoint, Gideon and Upper Soulrest to finish. There are bits and pieces of others to do and I need to finalise all the settlements just to make sure everything is done. I'll need interiors models for Upper Soulrest and other buildings such as the Shadowscales sanctuary so if we're left with about one town's worth of interiors then it should be time to open up the rest of BM.

However, bear in mind that we still need dungeons so I'm not going to streak ahead just yet.

Anyway, back to the models...
Quote:Originally posted by The Modax Jago
Hmmm yeah... exporting any animation to the OB engine from my rig might be a pain.

Can someone please refresh me on how OB imports animation?

Can you export baked skin modifier vertex?

You can export Skin modifier, Morpher Modifier, Vertex Coloring...I dunno about "baked" skin modifier though, cause I dunno how that is different. I just add a Skin modifier to the modifier stack, above the Editable Mesh description for the mesh in question. I don't collapse that Skin Modifier into the Editable Mesh, but rather export the mesh with Skin modifier still visible in the stack. Same for Morpher modifier.

Quote:As for renaming.... wow. That... will be a pain. The set up is VERY complex, and I think some elements are name sensitive so that might cause trouble.

I'll take a quick look back at the scene to see if I can perhaps prepare it a little better so that you could use it without scratching your head trying to figure out how it works.

Ok, I sent you some info via PM, about Oblivion bone naming scheme and some other relevant info.

Koniption
I updated the OP following the requirement of a bell mesh for Chasepoint lighthouse.
Please see the Lighthouse Thread. I found one.
Gotcha. I'll leave a reference here to the thread: PLRI0215 "Chasepoint: Chasepoint Lighthouse" . This is the concern I raised about the model: PLRI0215 "Chasepoint: Chasepoint Lighthouse" .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17