Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
You made that in one hour!!!
*looks for jaw*
That is great! :goodjob:

And your English is not that bad.
Edit: do you do your own texture?
Entartet: It looks really good! :goodjob:

With two years experience I'm sure you know your way around uvw mapping too, so I don't think I need to ask about that. You're most welcome to do the Tower of Silgrad! Big Grin

I think 100,000 faces could be a good upper limit, if we assume the the Tower occupies almost the whole base area of an exterior cell. What do you think? Because I believe a cell shouldn't have more than 200k-300k faces in total, probably closer to 200k than 300k, and with 100k-200k faces left to spare I'm sure there'd be enough room in the poly budget for all the accessories that inevitable goes into the cell, like trees around it or lights here and there and stuff like that.
At the moment it has about 60000 Vertics and 70000 Faces, but with much overlapping - so i think 100000 is possible
Quote:Originally posted by Entartet
At the moment it has about 60000 Vertics and 70000 Faces, but with much overlapping - so I think 100000 is possible

Ok, cool. Looking forward to your next screenshot :goodjob:

(Btw I think the shape of the bottom structure in the concept art was intended to be cubical)
wow... I really really would like to see TES4 Silgrad Tower now,
before I wanted to see it in game, now I really really want to
If anyone's schedule is free we could certainly use more Dunmer furniture, especially book shelves. The only one we have is huge and more suited for storing stuff than stacking books. Smile
That tower looks amazing, I've tried my hand at moddeling before (I suck), and I'm so envious of your mad skillz, Entartet.

:goodjob:

EDIT - I made a Dunmer Cauldron, by the way, based off the one in Morrowind. I'm having one hell of a time trying to get the thing to work in CS, though. Every time I try, the construction kit just crashes, so something must be wrong with the .NIF file...

I attached an image, showing off the top and side of the Cauldron.
Quote:Originally posted by OrcishSexGod
EDIT - I made a Dunmer Cauldron, by the way, based off the one in Morrowind. I'm having one hell of a time trying to get the thing to work in CS, though. Every time I try, the construction kit just crashes, so something must be wrong with the .NIF file...

I attached an image, showing off the top and side of the Cauldron.

Nice work! :goodjob:

If you post the nif and the max scene I could take a look at it and see if I can find out what's causing it. But if I had to guess ahead of time it would be that you're using 3D Studio Max v9? If so, the max plugin (0.2.10) seems botched, since I experienced crashes as well whenever I tried to drop an object exported with 0.2.10 into the world window. I'm back to using Max v8 now, and the 0.2.9 plugin, and everything's working again.
I don't have Max 9, and it's really strange... I can view the NIFs in NifScope, They look fine, the textures seem to work... It's just they don't work for me in CS, not even as a static. I'm new to modding in general so, I have no Idea how to make a mesh compatible with being a container. I'd like to learn, though, so I could create meshes properly with this mod. I'd think it'd be a lot easier for the mod If I could just provide you guys with the final, working .nif files without expecting you to convert the files for me, so i'm going to look into it and try to learn myself. Wink

In the mean-time, I'll keep you posted about any more models I might create for the mod.

EDIT - Here's a Dunmer chest-of-draws (WIP)
I couldn't really get much out of the first post, so what do you still need modelled?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27