Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
thats what it would look like with a continuous smooothing on each element
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/le...rmals2.jpg

Basiclly what you have is detached faces/verts. that'll break the smoothing and create that shading on the mesh and in game make it look faceted/discontinuous smoothing on each of the faces that had a detached vert.

I even think there was a bit of confusion aswell becuase of the wick part had its self cloned and its faces flipped to make up the inside. but then because of random detached verts a vert of what was the inside ended up being welded to one that made up the outer mesh. I might have done that though by trying to weld up the stray verts.

anyway.... http://download.yousendit.com/7A82E46443C8260B

theres what I exported I hadn't set it up with all the collision etc
Hope you guys figure out the sconce, cause that'll come in quite handy in the tombs. For the Velothi interior, all i request is something quite similar to the StVelothiSmallGapFix, but for the pit set. Just something to break up the repetitiveness of rectangular rooms and pits.

Just a note to Razorwing, i named the Velothi wall and altar StVelothiSmallWall01 and StVelothiAltar01, respectively. I also made a 3-way hall piece that i named StVelothiSmall3way01
I still really don't know why the neck polys got detached, 'cause you really can't see the effect in Max, but it's crystal clear in NifSkope. My best guess is that when I was trying to scale vertex sets under "Edit Poly", the NifTools plugin didn't like that. Whatever... Confusedhrug: Since the base object for the neck was a loft, I simply handled the scaling there.

Here is the new model and a couple of screen close-ups, one using nightsight to highlight the neck texture.

Later,
Steve

[attachment=7176]LightSconce10.nif[/attachment]

SACarrow has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-7177.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-7178.jpg]
Sconce1.jpg (233 KB) | Sconce2.jpg (198 KB)
This your final version? or are you going to modify it more? It looks pretty good, but why are there twigs sticking out of it? Seems a bit strange to have a torch that's branched.
If you look at the reference model in NifSkope, a couple of twiggy things can be seen. Since the texture for the neck and twigs was weathered wood, I assumed that the neck of the sconce was supposed to be a bent, gnarly branch. I'm not married to that, however; the twigs can go or stay depending on the consensus,

Later,
Steve

EDIT: A picture from NifSkope. After writing my reply and before seeing yours, Seniosh, I realized you might not have MW or NifSkope. My bad.
Ahh i don't have morrowind, so i was just conjecturing. That's fine then. I assume then that this is the final version, if so i'd like to use it for my tomb
As far as I'm concerned, it's done. Feel free to use it. As long as you have ST textures installed, it should drop right in. If there are changes, I'll use the same name and that should be a drop-in as well. Smile Here are a couple of screens to show relative position of the sconce and the light source; I used FireTorchSmall.

Later,
Steve
Seniosh: I just had a thought. You'll probably want to distribute sconces uniformly throughout your tomb. Once you find a position for the sconce relative to the Velothi tile set that you like, if you like you can post up positional screenshots from the CS like I did. I can then mod the model Smile so that it can snap in to the Velothi tileset piece at the same XYZ position and orientation.

Later,
Steve
Steve: Here's the positions for the sconce in relation to a column (which is what they usually stick out of i think)

Also, is anyone willing to take up the challange of expanding the velothi tileset? I just got morrowind, and i'm disappointed by Silgrad's lack of a proper velothi tomb set. It's a great job to be sure, but things like stairs, and the entire Velothi Large set are missing, as well as the velothi large connecters, and assorted stuff that just helped make every tomb unique.

I do not think that there are currently plans to extend or modify the velothi tileset, but I think if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Hopefully someone'll pick up the challenge...
This was sort of a request; I made it of myself the modeller when myself the modder realized that a chimney should have a fire underneath it. Here is a firepit for my Dunmer shack collection, with inside and outside screeners. The only thing is that the BC 04 rock texture I used came out like gold leaf. Is that an alpha channel or a normal map issue?

Later,
Steve

EDIT: It was the specularity that I mentioned way back when. I resaved that normal map as a DXT1, and here's how it looks in Sparrow's Shack. Now that I can actually see the stones, there's some remapping to be done. Smile

Razorwing: Maybe you can revisit the BC Rock textures (at least #4) Smile and resave them, unless they need to shine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27