Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I would like to request a simple stone bench, like the one here.
[Image: 57151236.stonebench.jpg]

I just thought that it was odd to have upper class benches outside.
SACarrow: I've fixed all the normal maps, just haven't updated since I did. (The next update will be the public release in the middle of March) Could you hook up the model and supply it together with your Ebbedin claim when you've finished it?
Sure, no prob. There will probably be several small models coming with this claim, all in the general category of "Dunmer shack accessories". I think I saw that you were reorganizing either the models or the ST CS objects; are there any naming or location conventions now that I should follow?

Thanks,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Sure, no prob. There will probably be several small models coming with this claim, all in the general category of "Dunmer shack accessories". I think I saw that you were reorganizing either the models or the ST CS objects; are there any naming or location conventions now that I should follow?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes I just finished reorganizing it today actually Smile It might go through a revision by the core before being finally set but either way it's going to be a lot easier to find stuff for modders on the team -- including myself. It took twelve hours straight :dunce:

Here is how I organized your assets in the meshes folder:

_Dunmer
____Shack
_______Decoration
__________Exterior
_______House
__________Exterior
__________Interior

There's other stuff in the Dunmer folder too. Besides the two subfolders the House folder also holds the door models, so that when you click the Door list it reads "ST > Dunmer > Shack > House > (door entries). I picked the name "Decoration" just to keep it from being confused with either clutter or furniture; it holds supporting objects like your chimneys, steps and platforms. A fireplace should probably be placed in a new "Decoration" folder in the "Interior" folder, I think.
1 - A convention for naming the models themselves. In keeping with the new directory structure, I was thinking of the prefix DunShackDec, like DunShackDecFirepit.
2 - A convention for naming the CS objects. I don't think StSc is appropriate here, since these are not modder's revisions, but the base objects themselves. I was thinking either StFurnDunShack or StDecDunShack.
3 - Could you or Sandor check out this issue? It seems it might relate to the 1.70 version of the ST ESM.

Thanks,
Steve
1. It doesn't matter since those directories are so specific. I didn't change the filenames of your existing shack pieces. So, use whichever filenames you prefer for the new model pieces.

2. I didn't change those either since I thought your naming system was good. I would suggest sticking with StEx/StIn just to keep your models together in the full lists (the ones where you do search-and-replace and similar actions). Because the models are placed in those folders it's not necessary to start their ID's with something like StDec because they'll still show up in the Dunmer > Shack > Ext/Int > Decoration folder. StFurn can be ok if it's furniture piece, but now that the folders are organized the way they are I'm thinking of scrapping that prefix in favor of St[XX]. One doesn't need something like StFurn anymore when it's just a matter of browsing to the right list.

3. Yes the esm does that, for me and everyone else. I don't know what causes it I'm afraid, but now that you mention it, until it's solved it's something I should inform new modders about. I'll add the info shortly.
Thanks for the info. So from now on, StFurn maybe should be limited to items that are furniture in the OB sense, with markers and the like?

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Thanks for the info. So from now on, StFurn maybe should be limited to items that are furniture in the OB sense, with markers and the like?

Steve

Hmm... *thinks* ...yes that's a good idea, that way we can have both static and furniture-marker variations. If one is stacking chairs in a shed one wouldn't want the player to be able to sit in the middle of the pile, so static variations are good I think. Smile
Is anyone willing to make Iron rocks? I'm now making an iron mine, and iron rocks would be handy. I'm not asking for much. A retexture of the silver or gold rocks would probably work fine, though i won't complain if someone comes up with an entirely new iron vein rock.

Thanks
-seniosh
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Is anyone willing to make Iron rocks? I'm now making an iron mine, and iron rocks would be handy. I'm not asking for much. A retexture of the silver or gold rocks would probably work fine, though I won't complain if someone comes up with an entirely new iron vein rock.

Thanks
-seniosh
Aren't there already iron rocks?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27