Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Quote:Originally posted by OrcishSexGod
I don't have Max 9, and it's really strange... I can view the NIFs in NifScope, They look fine, the textures seem to work... It's just they don't work for me in CS, not even as a static. I'm new to modding in general so, I have no Idea how to make a mesh compatible with being a container. I'd like to learn, though, so I could create meshes properly with this mod. I'd think it'd be a lot easier for the mod If I could just provide you guys with the final, working .nif files without expecting you to convert the files for me, so i'm going to look into it and try to learn myself. Wink

In the mean-time, I'll keep you posted about any more models I might create for the mod.

EDIT - Here's a Dunmer chest-of-draws (WIP)

I've come to think the 0.2.10 max scripts are bugged, whether for Max 9 or Max 8. The only way I could get back to modelling after my reformat a while back was by getting Max 8 and the 0.2.9 scripts. The way it looks right now that's as far as it's going to get, since the Max developer (tazpn) left NifTools.

Containers behave just like statics do, and there's no real difference between them as far as modelling goes. The only difference is that they're hooked up in the Container list in the Construction Set instead of the Static list.

Oh trust me, nothing makes me happier than teammembers who can work independently Big Grin But if I can't check out your wip I can't know what specific tip I might be able to give to solve the problem you're experiencing. It's your call though.

The drawers look fantastic :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by Pjstaab
I couldn't really get much out of the first post, so what do you still need modelled?

These are the bigger & more important open jobs:
- Bitter Coast- and Ascadian Isles trees
- Muckspunges, Slough Fern, Bittergreen, and the Tribunal + Bloodmoon flora except scrib cabbage
- Strongholds
- Daedra shrines
- The big-sized Redoran tileset
- Mine rails
- Ore containers (glass-crusted rocks etc)
- Dunmer tables (we basically have 2 while TES3 had around a dozen)
- Dunmer beds (other than the one I made)
- Potions like Shein, Flin, Bug musk and similar
- The Imperial-style furniture

Let me know if any of them interests you and I'd be happy to supply more information. Smile
...if neither of them interests you Smile let me know what you enjoy modelling the most and I just know I can think of an application for it that would help us out a lot.
Sorry I haven't replied. I could probably do tables, beds, and potions.
Cool. I would pitch beds in that case, we only have one and it's made out to be a Redoran bed which'd cause some headaches when modding starts on Silgrad Tower (the city), which is Hlaalu in design.

This is the one I made, meshes\ST\DunmerFurn\FurnRedoranBed01.nif:
[Image: th_RazorwingsBed.jpg]

It corresponds to Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\f\Active_De_Bed_01.nif save for the circular wood detail I added on a whim. Bethesda also used the design for Active_De_Bed_17.nif, ...18.nif and ...19.nif with retextures, though I haven't added any retextured varieties of mine yet.

Any bed you want to create is a great choice, though I would personally not prioritize the various hammocks. I guess they could work as long as no NPC used them, with the animation in mind, but just the same they would fall into the 'nice extras' category rather than the really useful like many of the other beds.

If you feel like it please make variations on your design for a double bed and a bunk bed. I don't think the second story of the bunkbed could be made to work (again with NPC animation in mind) but it'd still look pretty awesome even if only the bottom story was useable.

You're welcome to use the textures already in the mod if you like, but equally welcome to create or find your own if you prefer that.

Please place your beds in the folder meshes\ST\DunmerFurn\ (name them however you like) and hook them up to a plugin and post it up when you're finished Smile
I will request a Temple model, much like the TES3 one in terms of size. Smile
I will reiterate the need for mine cart rails, and also request miscellaneous velothi tomb clutter. Things like chests, urns, and other stuff from morrowind (i haven't played it, so it's up to whoever does this to pick what to do, hopefully it shouldn't take long) In most cases, i suppose just dunmerize existing stuff. ex, there's already an urn, but it doesn't look like it came from TES3. There's already a chest, but not something a velothi nobleman would have in his tomb. Also, there is a lack of the strange wall-torch things found in morrowind, my CS currently hates any and all ST-made lights, but don't let that deter anyone.

the main thing is mine cart rails, but if anyone feels inspired to create random velothi clutter, don't hesistate to do it.

[EDIT] There actually is a dunmer urn, but it has purple handles... Also, there are screenshots in the glassmine thread of a velothi tomb, for anyone who needs reference. What i really want is the weird urn thing on top of every altar.
umm i gots an email askin for modellers if someone will send me pics of what u want done i can give it a shot lol
Seniosh: Actually there are five urns, but they fell through the cracks. I didn't hook them up in the CS and forgot to include them in the last update. IIRC, I was experimenting with making them havok'd and got sidetracked and then went on to do other things. I'll put together an update with them soon and post it on The Warehouse. That'll solve the missing texture problem on Urn #1 too.

ContDunmerChestLarge01.nif is the wealthy style of Dunmer chests, ContDunmerChestLarge02.nif the poor style. Those were the styles used in Morrowind, while the other chests you may recall from the game were Imperial-style, and I didn't see much sense in making those.

What strange wall-torch things are you referring to?

prestage: Great, welcome aboard. Perhaps you'd like to try your hand on making the Dunmer Ship that fwp_coder posted a concept art of? (Image link)

If not then perhaps you'd like to try making the hutch furniture piece instead, which we could really use. Here are a few shots:
[Image: th_Hutch_scr01.jpg] [Image: th_Hutch_scr02.jpg]
The torches i am talking about are the ones found in velothi tombs, sticking out of the walls. I don't think we have them, but my CS hates ST's lights, so i can't be sure.

Here's a screenshot with one of them in it. This is from sandor on the glassmines thread. The torches should be clearly visible, but if anyone knows of them in the CS, tell me cause i haven't found them.

Also, mining carts should be pretty self-explanatory, but screenshots can be found on the first page of the Silgrad Glassmines thread. They can be clearly seen in the descriptive shots posted by razorwing.

[edit] Agh the image doesn't expand when you click on it, that's what i get for copy- pasting from other thread. Original with torches can be found on Silgrad Glassmines page 2
Oh yeah, that one. "Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\l\light_sconce10.nif" I think. We don't have it yet. I attached the TES3 nif if anyone who lacks Morrowind wants to check it out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27