Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
could my requests please be added to the first post?

Quote:- rope brides, light wood texture, Has an older ,badly constructed look, rotting look. Make 4-5 variations in lenght.

-ashlander style yurts.

I'm sorry harakiri, still no succes with getting it ingame. I will remake all my trees, however, this time I will use an exitsing tree as a base instead of starting from 0. I think that should make it work.
I can add it if you beef out the description. Maybe you could also supply an image link or two of bridges that resemble your request?

For a long time I said in the original post that if the Vvardenfell team wanted to submit modelling claims that would only be used in their mod and not ours then they'd be welcome to. It never happened so I assumed they wanted to handle their modelling requests in a different way. Still, with a good description I'll be happy to add it.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I can add it if you beef out the description. Maybe you could also supply an image link or two of bridges that resemble your request?

[Image: bridge_ropebridge_508.jpg]
A rope bridge that has a light wood texture. It should look like it was build a long time ago in a hurry and wasn't be rebuild since. So the wood shoud be rotten, a few planks missing,... The ropes should look like they are about to snap and are pulled out. It shoulden'tbe perfectly straight. Should be a bit bend. Make aournd 4 to 5 vaiations in lenght please.

Quote:For a long time I said in the original post that if the Vvardenfell team wanted to submit modelling claims that would only be used in their mod and not ours then they'd be welcome to. It never happened so I assumed they wanted to handle their modelling requests in a different way. Still, with a good description I'll be happy to add it.
Ignore that request
Quote:A rope bridge that has a light wood texture. It should look like it was build a long time ago in a hurry and wasn't be rebuild since. So the wood shoud be rotten, a few planks missing,... The ropes should look like they are about to snap and are pulled out. It shoulden'tbe perfectly straight. Should be a bit bend. Make aournd 4 to 5 vaiations in lenght please.
Hmm... I could be wrong but, isn't there already a rope bridge like that one in ST?

I'm certain I've used it before. There are various sizes too.
kingevil: I've added the rope bridges request.

Dave_91: There is meshes\ST\Dunmer\Decoration\Exterior\Misc\Ropebridge01.nif, but I didn't mention it because I don't think it looks that good. I don't recall exactly where I got it from, but I think it could be an old Morrowind mod. I edited and ported it following a request here on the forum but it wound up not being used for the request. Since I had already ported it I figured I might as well include it in ST, but I didn't know that anyone actually used it.
Okay, I can't finish Ebonheart without a completed fort set... I'm still a little new to modelling, and I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to take on at least the remaining parts of the exterior set. I might be a little slow, however, I'm still new to Maya, and I've never done collision before. But, you got to learn eventually, right? And I can't finish my claim until this tileset gets completed, so I guess I got to step up to the challenge. And after all, I have modelled a few things (simple things) already. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by cire992
Okay, I can't finish Ebonheart without a completed fort set... I'm still a little new to modelling, and I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to take on at least the remaining parts of the exterior set. I might be a little slow, however, I'm still new to Maya, and I've never done collision before. But, you got to learn eventually, right? And I can't finish my claim until this tileset gets completed, so I guess I got to step up to the challenge. And after all, I have modelled a few things (simple things) already. Big Grin

Great Big Grin I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Perhaps you could view the job as a practical way of learning the techniques you feel unsure of? I had a job like that which I worked on for two months back in 2005. In the end I never used it because it had gotten technically corrupt from all my experimenting, but then again I was a complete newbie to modelling when I started that job.
[Image: th_ImpLegionGauntletsFromTES3.jpg]

Download reference files
Ghogiel did an excellent job on the Morrowind-style suit of armor for soldiers in the Imperial Legion, but chose to create bracers rather than the traditional style of steel-plated leather gloves. As Ghogiel does not intend to create the traditional pair of gloves, the claim to make this part of the armor suit is open.

To get a better sense of how the gloves look I've included a max scene as well as an Oblivion nif of the TES3 model. The latter is of course not functional (plus it has a problem with normals), but I included so folks who don't use 3D Studio Max can check it out in Nifskope. A_Imperial_A_Gauntlet_GND.nif is the original placement mesh from TES3. Textures are included too.

Note that while the placement mesh from TES3 lacks polygons on the underside, yours can't. There was no physics system in Morrowind, so it was easy enough to place armor pieces firmly on surfaces and be sure that they would never move out of place so that the player could see the underside. In Oblivion however things tend to move around a lot, and if your placement mesh had lacked polygons on the underside players would notice it.

The gauntlets should have a facecount of about 3000.

As for textures you might be able to reuse some of the ones Ghogiel created, located in Data\textures\ST\armor\legion\. If you can't or don't want to then feel free to use others, or bring in new ones, or create a new one yourself if you can.
[strike]Model request for Blacklight:

A large statue depicting either a woman or man holding a lantern.[/strike]
Quote: I think I might try this. Mind you, I have just completed ye olde Gmax tutorials so it might not be too complex.
Wait a sec...how did I get to this thread? Sorry, I somehow posted the wrong place?(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27