Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
This can be taken as good news or bad news. I can try to create a new cave tileset. This is why it is bad news, summarized into one sentence.
I'm willling to try to make one; it can be a good way to learn how to model ok, because the most complex thing I have made before was a mushroom. But I am willing to learn. Confusedhrug:

You should definitely go for it :goodjob:
I'd be happy to answer questions or offer suggestions as needed. Have you had a chance to read my CS Wiki tutorial "Tileset" ? Albeit it's for a 'house'-type tileset the principles are pretty much the same for any tileset. Let me know if any questions pop up.

If it's ok with you I think it would be a good idea if you did the moldcave tileset. This archive, linked from article #2 in the original post, has all the necessary assets from TES3 in case you don't have access to TES3 and would like to investigate them.
Thanks =)
I do have Morrowind, but the file structiure is confusing, so thanks. I'll start a new thread when I come up with something presentable.
Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
Thanks =)
I do have Morrowind, but the file structiure is confusing, so thanks. I'll start a new thread when I come up with something presentable.

Great! Big Grin That is simply great. Big Grin Go for it. :goodjob:
To show who has assumed a job (even if it's not exclusive) and which are completed (mine set, anyone? Smile). Also if there are other jobs out there, now is a good time (right after 2.0) to put them up front. For example, Dumac needs much Dwemer, and although the action is on KM's thread, potential modellers tend to gravitate to this thread. Smile

My 2 yen,
Steve
Thanks for the reminder SACarrow, I always forget to maintain the list. I struck the Mine Rails and Lighthouse articles and added two brightly-colored notices that work has begun.

(I'm always happy to add new articles to the list, I just don't want to write them myself)
I saw the brightly-colored notices; nice touch as it draws the eye. Hopefully as people who need jobs see this, they can send you a brief notice describing the job and noting where the action is. This thread is too honking huge to try to find the jobs within it.

I have a question about the potion bottles: What's so hard? Smile It looks like a simple spline/lathe deal for each; is there something I'm missing? Or is it the texturing?

Curious,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I have a question about the potion bottles: What's so hard? Smile It looks like a simple spline/lathe deal for each; is there something I'm missing? Or is it the texturing?

I wager it's more a texture challenge than a modelling one.

I have a resistance towards picking up modelling claims I wrote myself since it'd feel like a waste of time having wrote them. I'm weird that way.
Put me down for the meshing portion. I'll UV map to MW textures and then whine until some kind soul like ev1 or Stilgar textures them for me... Big Grin

How many faces per bottle?

Later,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Put me down for the meshing portion. I'll UV map to MW textures and then whine until some kind soul like ev1 or Stilgar textures them for me... Big Grin

How many faces per bottle?

Later,
Steve

Great :goodjob:

Excluding collision mesh let's say around 500 faces for common bottles (that are likely to be placed more than once in an interior) and 1000 for more expensive bottles.
Has been created here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27