Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
yea i'll like you to my photobucket, i've just made a very intesting sword so let me up lode that and i'll put some pic up.

ok got some pics, i'll give you three i had more but i'm afriad i deleated them from my photobuctet

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/gh...ordpic.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/gh...er/smy.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/gh...render.jpg

ok there you want more i can wip something up in about 5 min for something thats of somewhat good quality.
After looking at the Dwemer stuff, I found out they use Celtic symbols, and i might use a few on the textures and possibly normal maps(if its appropriate.) Here are some links for the Dwemer symbols.

Celtic Symbol 1
Celtic Symbol 2

Im going to first model everything then texture and Normal map everything.

[MOD=Razorwing]The links didn't work. You had put the title as the url and vice verca.[/MOD]
Mike: Kyoushu is making concept art of Dwemeri architecture. He's already posted one concept in this thread. And I assume you mean Celtic symbols as used as part of the design, not as writing? TES borrows a lot of stuff from all sorts of real life cultures and civilizations, so even though they might use SOME symbols, they probably don't use very many.
Really??? Can you link me to Concept art and how i can contact him so i can get regular updates?
He'll be posting all (at least the Vvardenfell/Morrowind related ones) his concepts in that thread. (And you might want to click on "in this thread" in my above post Tongue)
THANK YOU!, I actually found his gallery, Why wasnt i informed of his work for the Dwemer, He has some really nice stuff drawn out and it makes life 1000 times easier to se it.
Chitin Weapon Collection from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - A modeller's reference

> Screenshot: Color/Design
> Screenshot: Color/Clean
> Screenshot: Wireframe

Download: Reference material

The reference material includes the original, separate nif files as well as textures from TES3 as well as the weapon collection imported into 3D Studio Max and saved in .max, .3ds and .obj format. It also has a copy of the screenshots for conventient access.

The following is background information that explains what the material is, and might be helpful when making design choices. It's taken straight from TES3 dialogue.

chitin
Chitin weapons of native Dunmer manufacture are created from the sturdy but light exoskeletons of local creatures. Layers of chitin are typically laminated using vegetable, shalk, and bug resin glues to form strong but flexible weapons. The serrated edges of the original materials are exploited to create especially wicked daggers and slashing weapons.

light armor
The light armor discipline is the study and mastery of leather, boiled leather, chitin, and glass armor styles. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.

light armor styles
Both the Western 'militia' and eastern 'Ashlander' armor styles depends on light, cheap leather armors. The Eastern reinforced chitin armor, however, is distinctly superior to Western-style leather armors, and offers better protection, pound for pound and drake for drake, than any other armor. The 'glass' light armors of the noble Great Houses are in the high Altmer style, strikingly light and stylish, and comparable with the ebony and daedric in protection, but are expensive and in short supply.

material and craft
Weapons popular in Morrowind can be categorized according to their material and craft. In approximate order of value and utility, the types are: chitin, iron, steel, silver, dwarven, nordic, glass, ebony, and daedric.
I wanted to mention that I will probably re-create the sixth house bells and the bell hammer. Hopefully this is he right place to mention it.
I've got two open jobs for modellers:

This house needs some Cheydinhall designs and patterns in its architecture. It is actually a retex of a Chorrol building, so anyone interested, please PM me.

Look below at screen shot # 1

This robe. I've been trying to re-create the Temple robes from Morrowind, but I can't seem to be able to do this by merely retexturing it as the straps are not attached to the robe, and there is a bit of cloth covering the shoulders (see screenshot # 2). Anyone interested should contact me via PM.

TheImperialDragon has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-3527.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-3528.jpg]
ex7.jpg (178 KB) | ex8.jpg (97 KB)
mmmpld: Great! Sure it's the right place, though when you want to show your progress or similar it'd be great if you started a new thread here in Visual Dev.

TheImperialDragon: That's a good idea. I've updated the initial post to link to your description. :goodjob:

black[/HR]

18. Dunmer bar counter.
When modding a Dunmer tavern for a TES3 mod, you'd use a small tileset to construct the counter. The original set consisted of six pieces, but that doesn't matter much. The important thing is that it looks reminiscant of Bethesda's Dunmer bar counters, and that it can be modded as long as the modder needs it to be. There should be a corner piece so it can be made into an L-shape and similar. Anything beyond that is gravy.

[GALLY]2006-07-22_DunmerBarTes3Reference.jpg[/GALLY]

Download reference files here: -link-. The archive contains the Morrowind nifs, the original textures, and a texture alternative from Vibrant Morrowind you can use on your models if you want.
- If you use 3D Studio Max you can import the nifs using the latest plugin release from the NifTools group.
- If you use Blender, open the nifs in NifSkope, and from there extract the .obj files, and import them in your program.

Sorry for the rapidhare link, filefront's file server was down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27