Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Not that I know of.
You know, you'd think that because iron is just about the most important material in tamriel, there'd be numerous iron mines. You'd think that, but no. There are no iron rocks anywhere. I was amazed personally. Iron weapons are the most common in the entire game, yet there is not one iron mine or iron rock. There isn't even an iron bar. Which means that rocks will have to be made. As i said, i'd be satisfied with even a simple retexture of a silver rock.
This has kind of died, hasn't it?

Anyone doing iron rocks? They're needed. Probably a retex of silver will work (to restate my previous post, this is mostly a bump)

And on top of that, i BEG for a mudcave. whomever does mudcave will have my complete worship :worship:

only nobody's even started mudcave or moldcave :chaos:
It's more of a centralized list of open jobs than a discussion thread though, so it's natural it stays silent until a request is made or picked up.

My personal to-do-list is: Hlaalu tileset, Daedric Shrine interior tileset + exterior, Steadhelm's & Ebbedin's bridge tileset, and then... nothing major I can think of. I suppose I should squeeze in the mudcave tileset inbetween Hlaalu and Daedric Shrine, going by how much use they'll be (and I'd love to see caves modded all over the mod). So, if no-one beats me to it before I start, sign me up for the mudcave job Smile
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

No words to describe how much we need mudcave for Dumac. Thanks a TON
This can be taken as good news or bad news. I can try to create a new cave tileset. This is why it is bad news, summarized into one sentence.
I'm willling to try to make one; it can be a good way to learn how to model ok, because the most complex thing I have made before was a mushroom. But I am willing to learn. Confusedhrug:
A new cave tileset? or a recreation of mudcave and moldcave? I'm not really exactly sure if there is a difference or how much of a difference there is between mudcave and moldcave, but one thing you could definitely attempt (at least it's on my wishlist) is the creation of a proper mining tileset. If you're willing to learn how to make a tileset, and have the time, energy, and creativity to make a tileset from scratch, by all means please go ahead, but if not (it'd be a ton of work probably) ask razorwing if you can do mudcave or another tileset

But if you have enough creative drive, there is room in my pantheon for the creator of a mining set.

One other consideration - something i have dreamt of for a while is merely the expansion, not creation, of the small caveset. The small cave is wonderful, because in some ways it mimics the mud and moldcaves by being less detailed, and thus less repetitive. Unfortunately, it is quite small. If you were to add a way to produce large pits and caverns from this tileset, it could be used for mines quite easily, and would be much less work than making an entire new set.
I was thinking of maybe re-creating the morrowind caves, I think that it is not very complicated. Isn't there variations of the morrowind cave that we can use to have the mud and moss ect tile sets. If possible, some screenshots?
Well i think mudcave and moldcave are just variations of each other, the hard thing is that nothing like them exists in oblivion, so you just have the morrowind .nifs and screenshots.
I could probably help, except my hands are almost literally tied at the moment (don't ask) with RL issues (that will hopefully dissolve over the weekend...) The cave tileset sounds like fun. All it'd need is a basic tiling shape, then the snap-to-grid intended, then it'd be pretty much a matter of making and connecting dots, UV mapping, exporting, texturing, and those small things. Tongue

Now that I know the Blender-Oblivion ratio for units ( which just happens to be 1:1 ), I might be a little more useful with models... When I find that spare time I'm supposed to be having of course. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27