Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open jobs for modellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Well, we might just need to have different texture mapping so that the textures don't *looking for a word* conflict. That is why we needed so many in Morrowind, but I think a texturer is quite capable of doing that part.
I reposted this thread on:
- ESF
- Scharesoft.de
- Rethan Manor
- CanadianIce
- Chorrol.com
- Emma
- Gamingsource (TesSource)
- Planet ElderScrolls

I also posted a message on four 3d modelling sites:
http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6050
http://www.3dkingdom.org/index.php?name=...c&p=112371
http://www.help3d.com/php/index.php?showtopic=12233
http://www.3dfaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8301#8301

[blockquote]Hi guys!
My name is Razorwing from the Silgrad Tower mod team, dedicated to modding for the Elder Scrolls series of games. We've been around for close to four years now, and as you can imagine we started modding for the previous game in the series, Morrowind. Us oldies in the team really love Morrowind, and we're excited about our on-going endeavor to create a mod that is essentially a Total Conversion that lets the player think he's playing the previous game in the series. It's not exactly true, but the true explanation is more complicated.
(TES3 took place on Vvardenfell, while our TES3 mod took place on the mainland since Vvardenfell was already there. When we started modding for Oblivion our mod stays in the same area of the make-believe world Elder Scrolls games take place in. So we're situated on the Morrowind Province's mainland and have new cities and new stories compared to the ones seen in TES3)
If you'd like to check out our work and have Oblivion, you can download the latest version of our mod -here-. An online readme can be found at http://parkeep.silgrad.com/ and is also included in the download. We also have a video in streaming and downloadable format. The latter footage is in higher resolution. And we have a screenshot gallery with crystal-clear images, unaffected by video compression, that gives the truest impression of what it's like to play our mod. Of course the video has more entertainment value. We don't really have a guy on the team who knows video editing, so the video isn't as exciting as it could be if it had effects and music and other bling-bling. Wink
As you can imagine, this endeavor requires a lot from us modellers on the team before we can really get started modding our tribute to The Elder Scrolls III. We have over eight hundred models so far, most of which we've modelled ourselves, but more is sorely needed. That's why I'd like to talk a bit about what we need help with.
We have two threads on our Visual Development forum that notes all the open jobs, with extensive descriptions and reference files:
Open jobs for modellers
Open jobs for texturers
I know the descriptions get a bit internal sometimes, and can be hard to follow if one is unfamiliar with the Elder Scrolls series, because they're written with the assumption that the reader is. The reference files are rather straightforward though; we need new models that look like those objects, but look better. It's illegal to use models from TES3 in mods for TES4, so we can't bring them over just like that even though it's technically very easy. Bethesda would shut us down in a heartbeat. With four years under our belt, we're in it for the long haul : )
Please see the section "How to use reference material." in the open jobs for modellers thread for info on how to use the nif files. All you really need is 3D Studio Max and the nif importer/exporter, but of course having the actual game helps a lot otherwise you're flying blind and can't test your models in-game.
Thankyou for your time, and let me know if you have any questions. : )
[/blockquote]

If you guys know of other places where a similar message can be posted, please go ahead and do so at your discretion. We really need more modellers on the team besides me, Treebiter and mmmpld if we're going to be able to work through the remaining Morrowind models in a reasonable time.

On the upside, Denethor - the man who modelled the dragon - may be willing to create Redoran interiors for us. As mentioned above, mmmpld is now busy creating Sixth House stuff (yaay!). Also, phoenixamon has said that we're allowed to use the Morrowindy book models she's going to create. So, I think we're moving in the right direction again after losing Caligula Superfly and gundalf, but we need more modellers if modders are to be able to mod varied and interesting homes and shops.

Think outside the box - there are millions of people that have Oblivion, and are out there on the net -- it's just that one thousandth of them is involved in the community. Post on 3d modelling forums, forums for other games, everywhere you can think of... thanks! - and to you guys already here, keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Right, I'm off to model some cutlery and bowls for our Dunmer tables Big Grin
I put up an advert on the Turbosquid forums.
Quote:Originally posted by Treebiter
I put up an advert on the Turbosquid forums.

Great, thankyou so much! =)
link
Mod DB

Post one there
wow, for all the PR you guys do im surprised you dont have a mod DB yet.

mod db ftw.
Anyone working on shacks yet? Someone already said that they're working on trees, but we need shacks still.
hmm, many of these things have been up here forever, going incoplete, and I'm growing a bit impatient.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
hmm, many of these things have been up here forever, going incoplete, and I'm growing a bit impatient.

The modellers on our team now are me, Zarf, Treebiter and mmmlpd (sorry if I forgot anyone). Zarf is working on the Redoran buildings, Treebiter is finalizing his redware collections, and mmmlpd is working on the Sixth House models. I do as much as I can. The modellers we have are talented and do a great job, but we just don't have enough manpower to get everything done as fast as one would hope.

I think the best solution would be if you could actively recruit a guy, from ESF or elsewhere, to work on the shacks and other things you'd like for Ebbedin. Because not only would we get a new modeller on the team, but you'd get a guy who could focus a hundred percent on the models that are important to you for Ebbedin. Would you be okay with that?
This may be a stupid question, but if I make a good model for one of these, do I need to UV map it, or would it still be helpful to yu if someone else had to UV map it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27