Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Yeah cool, and a red laquered version too, people need to have a choice, and we have a red armor to match it.
Corthian, how do you exactly model those things? Do you make a shape and edit/paste them together when edited? You do some paint deformation? You seem to make those armors pretty fast. Smile
I'd like to announce that I've completed my dissertation. Smile Send me those files that I am to do collision for. Oh I assume the Void can use those models as well?
Regards.
Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
I'd like to announce that I've completed my dissertation. Smile Send me those files that I am to do collision for. Oh I assume the Void can use those models as well?
Regards.

I don't tink any of our core members would mind if the Void uses whatever it needs from us, you guys have some new things too, we would like to have them if you guys don't mind :yes:

By now i can't even remember what still needs collision Blush i realize we will need a thread to list our finished work some where (just for the buildings), so we can keep track of things.
The models that do need collision are all buildings, they should be where you got them last time (where was that anyway?), meh... i'm sure we will find them Big Grin
Maybe Corthian remebers what still needs collision, he's the teams modeller after all Confusedhrug:
The most important thing that needs collision is the interior doorway. If you still have the PM I sent you, those are the models that need collision.

How I model?
First I take a base model, usually the naked body meshes. I make a one sided model to fit one side of the base mesh. I map the UV. Mirror the object, and attach the new model to the old one. I then may or may not use mesh smooth, depends on what I am making. I then skin the object, if I created multiple objects I attach all of them to the torso, it doesn't matter whether or not they use the same texture because they will export as different objects if that is the case. I skinning meshes has become second nature to me, at first I had to make constant references to existing models, I now can mimic most any material. If you don't have the confidence to skin the model by scratch, then attach you object to an existing Bethsada model with a different texture, when exported your mesh will deform exactly like the Bethsada model, this is both good and bad, It is also invaluable for making clothes which reveal a lot of skin.

Wow, I do all that stuff...
Thanks for the reply Corthian. Smile

I am aware that you make for example armor on the naked body mesh, but what do you start with? A box or something? Some basic shape you deform? Smile Sorry for the lame questions - when I'll graduate I'll try to work on some drawing and modelling skills (I could draw when I was young objects in front of me quite ok). And I'd like to learn some modelling to help Void get going. Smile

I'll get to the work on the collision.

Do you have your files sorted? We at Void need to organize our files, because to be honest I am lost what is and what is not done. It was a long time since I did any modding. Smile

Yes Kodama, we won't mind to share anything. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Yes Kodama, we won't mind to share anything. Smile

Cool :goodjob:

I think we will need to organize our files too Confusedigh:
I guess I will make a simple modeling tutorial. What else do I need to model?
Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
What else do I need to model?

Helmets for the new armors maybe? Big Grin
Like a zu-nari kabuto: http://www.winterjapaneseart.com/H105.html
or the helmet on this armor: http://www.winterjapaneseart.com/AR00.html
:yes:

Also, it's about time to start thinking about buildings for our non-Japanese cultures.

EDIT: I have posted some pictures of your work here: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....ry10112905
Good for PR Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
I guess I will make a simple modeling tutorial. What else do I need to model?
I'd like you to tell me how to do some asian looking roofs, because I think I could do some nice looking buildings (models), but I'm not sure how I can deform an object into that. Smile Since I saw how the 3dchaya models are made, I could work on some buildings. I just need some advice about making roofs. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46