Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Finally! :banana:

[Image: th_ScreenShot110.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot109.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot107.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot108.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot105.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot106.jpg]
Flucidity, if you want to use the proper Japanese names for the arrows, the are:
Togari-ya (the spearhead).
Watakushi-ya (the normal arrowhead).
Karimata-ya (the..... tuningfork) Big Grin

Kielanai, the Kenshin avatar does look good, and i'm not kidding Smile
Hey Kodama, anyway I could get one of Corinthian's armor meshes so I can see how he weighted the vertices. That's gonne be a bitch with a completely custom cuirass, and seeing how one of his cuirasses is weighed would be a huge help.

Thanks,

InS4n3

Added:

That fork arrowhead looks downright sinister. Excellent job!
Flucidity, those look great.

InS4n3, There are two ways to rig custom meshes.

I learned to model by Trial and Error. Do you know how to rig, but aren't good at it or do you not know at all? I am willing to help. Unfortunately, giving you one of my models will not help as much as you think it will.

1: The First way is to weigh all of the bones separately, this is my preferred method, this allows for more authentic cloth movement. It is used to create nonstandard meshes.

Example: Hakama Mesh.

2: The Second way, to my knowledge, only works in 3DS. And is incredibly easy. It is used to duplicate rig data from existing models.

Import and select a mesh that is rigged and uses a texture different than any other texture on the model.
Select Editable Mesh.
When prompted, select Yes.
Select attach to attach all of the Meshes that are rigged to the same part of the body.
When Prompted, select "Match Material ID's to Material" to each mesh attached.
Export the Mesh as a Nif.
In Nifscope all of the meshes will be rigged identically and use different textures.

Example: Clothes that are closely attached to the base body.

If you are in a hurry use the second method, I do however suggest using the First method.

When I rig I usually combine the two, I rig the main body with method one and attach all of the minor models with method two. If you do opt for duplicating an existing mesh's rig data, remember you should separate your model into the same parts as the mesh you are duplicating.

If that didn't help at all, I guess I could send you a .max file to show you how I rig.
I've read all the tutorials on rigging, but It'd be a whole lot easier if I could see how you weighted the skirt, which is what I'm most worried about.

I was going to go trial and error just to teach myself the overall process, but having an example like yours (because we're both modelling the same thing) would be a huge plus.

If you'd rather not give out a .nif, I COMPLETELY understand, its YOUR stuff afterall Smile

I really like your work though, I'll poke through every now and then.

For method two, Sickleyield has a tut on that for blender.
For a skirt, Method one is required. But you only have to mess with three bones, Pelvis, R thigh, and L thigh. Rigging skirts, I assume you mean armor skirts, is impossible to do well. That's what I said before I made the hakama mesh, so it might be possible.

I rigged my samurai meshes with a lot of trial and error. I still think my skirts look like utter crap. The skeleton wasn't made to handle it.

I offered the .max instead of the .nif because in 3DS it is impossible to find the rig information from a nif. If blender can see the rig information from a nif I will just send you a nif.
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
Looks so good. O_O! Especially the Kenshin avatar ... Hehe. Kidding. ^_^ Great work!

Wow, a compliment from my hero! now i need a kenshin avatar !! Big Grin
Here is a pic of that thing you wanted, Kodama.

Tatara Pic

I will send you a lot of the junk I have piled up later today.

Flucidity, I just sent a reply to the email you sent me with the kimono mesh attached.
Whoohoo! :dance:

The tatara looks great! :goodjob:
Now we will need Mirorred to collision it (ofcourse the Void can use this model too).

Corthian i'm sure you have a lot of models by now, so sending them to me is a good idea, please send them to Ysne too (so the models are safely backed up).
(Anything that still needs collision should go to mirrored firs).

Thanks for the tatara model Corthian :bananarock:

Do you still have things to do? Or should i think of something new for you to model?
Got The new male kimono meshes, will post screenshots when I redo the textures. probably do 2 or 3 variations, not sure what you would prefer. (elaborate patterns or solid color textile ? ) I'll do give you some examples.

Corthian, if you can do anything with that shigeto mesh to give it some height for the wrap in the texture I sent you, I would be overjoyed Cool
It's probably not high on your priority list, and I dont even know if it's something that can be done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46