Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
You mean a normal map? I am looking at your textures right now. Your normal map is kind of screwed up, and you have a glow map. Is the bow supposed to glow?
Yes my normal map is "screwed up" because it's the result of trying to get details to stand out more. I was using this method to bring details out better for normal maps. guess I didn't do a very good job, or didn't do it right. It's the best I could do to get the rattan to look like its on top. But it's just a facade because the mesh is flat. It SEEMS to stand out in most places, but if you look at it from the sides you know its just a texture job.
I dont know if it's possible to make it look better with the normal map
I wanted to know if its possible to add a bit of height to the mesh where the rattan is. It doesn't have to be exact, I can redo the rattan from the UV, IF you can do it.

The glow map is experimentation to bring out the gold areas, inlay and gold leaf.

[Image: shigeto.jpg]
What about Parallax maps?
I think I can make a normal map to solve you problems.
@Beremat - thats what I was attempting to do in photoshop. If you get rid of all the color information, and make a normal map with a white/black greyscale texture, it's pretty much the same as a parallax? I guess thats how I understand it.

But, I was cleaning up the Photoshop .DDS file when I found MapZone Editor and was messing around with it. It makes a normal, parallax and fx shader and you can export them into .png files. I'm not really sure how you utilize parallax and fx shaders in textures tho. I just put the parallax map on top of the normal and gave it a tiny bit of offset, dont know if I did it right. lol

[Image: th_ShigetoSS4.jpg][Image: th_ShigetoSS3.jpg]
[Image: th_ShigetoSS2.jpg][Image: th_ShigetoSS1.jpg]

An example of the old texture

Really, it's better, details are much sharper, rattan needs to stand out more. I probably have to play around with layers
some more kimonos and a shigeto update shot
I have a leather and snakeskin texture I'm planning on using for the belt, sleeves and neck trim of Corthian's new Kimono Dansei

[Image: th_ScreenShot130.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot129.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot128.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot127.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot126.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot125.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot124.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot122.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot120.jpg]
kakkoii desu. Cool (The dragon hakama is cool.) Is that white piece in the female hakama/kimono something you put in or part of the new mesh?

Corthian, should I see if I can convert my old patterns to the new mesh? I was going to try it and see if it could be done easily without making new templates but lost track of time. I really don't want to spend time remaking something if it's going to be too difficult, but if it's easy, should I do that? Or just focus on new retextures and let old ones be as they are? I intend to spend this weekend (hopefully start later today) working on several oblivion projects, as long as my computer can hold out for it.
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
kakkoii desu. Cool (The dragon hakama is cool.) Is that white piece in the female hakama/kimono something you put in or part of the new mesh?
~snip~

That's hakama is the most recent, but not the new one. The white chest piece is part of the mesh, so no I didn't add it, just put the texture on it

Quote:Edit: You already know this, I read it wrong/was in a hurry.

The new mesh is a male kimono with leather trim on the waist, sleeves and neck. My Snow Leopard Kajiit is wearing it, but I didn't get very good screenshots. It's really quite nice. I have a snakeskin texture I want to incorporate, and will post it when I get some more shots.

*Sorry about the man hands in my screenshots, I'm using an alternate female body Big Grin
There is a difference between most recent and new one? Hm, ... I will have to check my files again and see what exactly I have. ?( Only know my old mesh (which was actually the second one Corthian made, I think), did not have that white insert for females.
The newest mesh is : ichi kimono nagai dansei (sorry for the bad grammer)

The Kimono I used for the shot in question, is Version 3.
This is the link Corthian gave me

Heres some shots of the newest kimono:

[Image: Kimono001.png]
Altered, in progress:
[Image: Kimono002.png]

Some textures
[Image: th_058heavygeorgtelgjacqdragons.jpg][Image: th_silkbrocade.jpg]
Snakeskin texture for waist, sleeves, neck (any or all)
[Image: th_snakeskin.jpg]

If you want any of my textures your welcome to them for your project
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46