Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Beautiful textures! :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Beremat
Beautiful textures! :goodjob:

Indeed! :goodjob:

Nice to see you on our forums Flucidity, i'm the guy who posted a lot in your wip thread (Akuso) Big Grin
Great work Flucidity! :goodjob:

Really nice textures...
Thanks, glad to be here. Think I've about had my fill of kimonos and bows. especially bows, they're sooo frustrating to texture. Trying to get that hattan wrap effect for the Shigeto Yumi is next to impossible with a 76x1024 pic of a bow, so I found a closup of hattan and applied that and made it more reddish. I'm not really sure about it.

Kimonos, and clothing/armor on the other hand are a blast to put textures on.
As you can probably tell.
Impressive, most impressive. :goodjob:
Textures for clothes are some sort of photos or did you draw them?
Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Impressive, most impressive. :goodjob:
Textures for clothes are some sort of photos or did you draw them?

All photos, various silk, actual kimonos. I cant draw that well with a mouse Smile
Need a Wacom board.

The kimono in the second and 3rd row is a picture of brown silk. I cut the scene from another kimono layed it on the silk, copied the layer a couple of times with different blending modes to make it not look like it was stuck on with paperclips. The enlarged brown silk looked too grainy so I took the texture from another kimono and layed that on top and blended it in (overlay, screen)
The CS is giving me a whole lot of problems. I'm pretty inept with it. I got the bows and Corthian's clothes put in chests in the testinghall. All the clothes I'm doing are pretty much done. Just have to stick them in chests.

Bows: I think the bows are tagged leveled items somehow. (bow set to 26 damage is 4 damage when picked up by a L1 character. Is it the chest I'm using? I'm pretty sure I did not set them as leveled items.

I got a new rattan texture for the Shigeto, should look alot less messy, and more like the bow is wrapped with rattan. The texture is actually Fuji Oak Rattan Smile

Arrows: OMG what a headache. Got 1 to work right. Copied it and put a area fire spell on it. On my other one, well, the quiver is good, but drawing an arrow crashes the game. Not good, and cant figure out why.
Quote:Originally posted by Flucidity
Bows: I think the bows are tagged leveled items somehow. (bow set to 26 damage is 4 damage when picked up by a L1 character. Is it the chest I'm using? I'm pretty sure I did not set them as leveled items.

Is your bow skill low? Confusedhrug:
A low bow skill means low damage, in that case it's normal if the bow does 4 damage.

I got a new rattan texture for the Shigeto, should look a lot less messy, and more like the bow is wrapped with rattan. The texture is actually Fuji Oak Rattan Smile

I would really like to see a picture, shigeto yumi are awesome =)

Arrows: OMG what a headache. Got 1 to work right. Copied it and put a area fire spell on it. On my other one, well, the quiver is good, but drawing an arrow crashes the game. Not good, and cant figure out why.

Strange, i never had any problems with any arrow type, i have no idea how to help you with this Confusedhrug:
Maybe if you posted some more specific information about what you are doing (or have done) would be helpfull.

EDIT: And why did you say: "So I guess there's no interest?" :confused:
PICS PICS PICS
Hakamas are Corthian's. Haven't put my texture's into the plugin yet, but they're ready to go. I tried a couple of times, but tried to pair up male and female and CS didn't like it and spit em out. So I guess I'll have to do each one individually, all 24 or so.

Shigeto
[Image: yumi09ou8.th.jpg] [Image: yumi05rk1.th.jpg] [Image: yumi03rf5.th.jpg]
[Image: yumi05bo5.th.jpg]

Sanmai
i[Image: yumi01so6.th.jpg] [Image: yumi08qm8.th.jpg]

Laquered[Image: yumi07mu7.th.jpg]
[Image: yumi06yx5.th.jpg]
I think the rattan on the shigeto yumi looks ok, but the texture needs some more work where the rattan meets the black laquer (it seems to mix or overlap here and there).
The arrow looks a bit too yellow, it's too bright i think, all the other textures look fine :goodjob:

Do you still have problems with the other arrows?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46