Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Welcome back.
I just found a great resource site for japanese mythological creatures. I am planning on making a few of the ones that look most easily created.

Obakemono Project

So far I am going to make a few of the demons that are shaped as children, definitely okami and kirin, tanuki and kitsune, tengu, Yasha, Ame Onna and Yuki Onna, ooh and Kodama, maybe gyuki, Hainu, Hito Dama if I can figure a way, Baku and all the creepy ghost ladies.
Okay, Xivilai are Oni. They are exactly the same.

I got some work to do.
We used to have a link to that website on our old forums =)

I had Kielania retexture the Xivilai to look like an Aka-Oni (red devil), but it did not seem to work, it would be cool if we could have the Xivilai to look more like an Aka-Oni, with a tigerskin loincloth, and the Aka-Oni should also be a bit bigger then the Xivilai, we could say that the Aka-Oni are the tougher cousins of the Xivilai.

And ofcourse we should have Kodama Big Grin
They should be easy to make, they are very small ghosts.

I like these Kodama the best.

[Image: kodama.jpg]

EDIT: two pics don't work anymore, so i removed them.
Just picture a dozen of these things following you through the forest.

Pic
That looks very like the picture. Hehe. You are going to be busy. Yes, sadly my akaoni didn't turn out well. Sad I wish you better luck with them.
:eek: Two of the three Kodama pictures i posted did not show up anymore, good thing i posted three of them Wink
Anyway, the Kodama model looks very nice Corthian :goodjob:
They are low poly, right? We could probably have two dozen of them following you around through the forest Big Grin
What will they be rigged to? ?(

Kielanai, don't worry about it, sometimes thing just don't work out the way you want it to.

EDIT: It would be cool if we also had an evil (corrupted) version of the Kodama, one that looks more like the Kodama in the picture of the website Corthian linked to, it would have to look black (like a shadow)
I rigged them to the Xivilai skeleton, but I can rig them to any bipedal skeleton you prefer. The Head is about 500 faces and the body is about 500 faces, compare that to a human's 2000 faced head and 6000 faced body.
That's perfect, i think we can put a lot of these things in-game Big Grin

Btw, i had just edited my previous post, check it out Wink
I am planning on releasing a new clothing mod, I just finished making ground meshes and icons for each of the meshes. I drew the Icons by hand and the ground meshes are pretty good.
Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
I am planning on releasing a new clothing mod, I just finished making ground meshes and icons for each of the meshes. I drew the Icons by hand and the ground meshes are pretty good.

Will that be new clothing, or a remake of the old clothing?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46