Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corthian's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
I've made a collision for doorway.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4n4if2h1yxn
Let me know if this is okay and try the arrows if they stick to the wood.
The mesh works in game. The problem now is the doors that fit into the doorway. I took the bamboo doors and shrunk them down and moved them into place in Nifscope so they would slide against each other and fit perfectly. They work in Nifscope but the CS, for some reason, ignores all of the XYZ coordinates, so either I some how fix this, or positioning the doors in the CS will have to be done without snap to grid. I spent the last half hour trying to fix this and I am ready to tear out my hair. Anyone know anything about Nifscope and doors that I don't?
Corthian, I don't need snap to grid to place anything, so if you can't fix it, it's not that big of a deal (so don't pull your hair out).

PS, you have an important PM :alert:
The problem is that the door way is supposed to be three nifs: the doorway, and two sliding doors, all of which work closely together. I wouldn't want you to have to do such intricate work on account of my lack of knowledge concerning Nifscope. If you want I can give you what I have, and if I do fix it I will sent you the update. Aside from the sliding doors my second biggest concern is the doors used to enter and leave, for that I just use a different doorway and the stock Bamboo doorway, I am not sure how that would appear in game.
Only one way to find out, put it in game and see if it works. You are doing wonderful work here.
So I guess I've did the collision right, so the arrows stick to the wood right?

Hey Corthian, when you export into the Nif, do you do resetxform? When I first loaded your doorway and tried to move an object, the xyz arrows were in some distance from the model. Maybe you forgot to do the resetxform? I'll get the collision done (resetxformed of course) for the rest fo the models and upload them to you, maybe with the collision the job will easier.
http://www.mediafire.com/?c2z22zlbnnt
Center wall with collision.
Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
The problem is that the door way is supposed to be three nifs: the doorway, and two sliding doors, all of which work closely together. I wouldn't want you to have to do such intricate work on account of my lack of knowledge concerning Nifscope. If you want I can give you what I have, and if I do fix it I will sent you the update. Aside from the sliding doors my second biggest concern is the doors used to enter and leave, for that I just use a different doorway and the stock Bamboo doorway, I am not sure how that would appear in game.

Well, let's give it some more time, maybe you can find some help somewhere.
But if you can't fix it, i won't be worried about it.
I don't know how much it could help (as I'm not a modder), but the Snow Dragon Temple mod by Ronin has 2 sliding doors and a doorway in the main bedroom. One slides into the wall and the other slides over the bedroom-side wall. Maybe the collision or variables used for that could be copied and applied to what you guys are working on?

Hope this helps...
Pic

Yes, that is what it looks like. I have created an exterior Tile set.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46