Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Hmm. Given the explosion, I'd say hoax myself, but exceptionally well done, as Ibsen said...
I'm just creating a creatures shortlist as the first step towards putting original creatures into the BM WS and I noticed that, according to Waalx on this page of his own forums: http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/viewtop...t=249&sid= , he has permitted use of his creatures under certain conditions as detailed below:

1. Any requests to re-release a large part of WAC under another name is forbidden.
  2. Mod creators need to contact me (Waalx) if they want to take things out (of WAC.bsa) into their own release.
    [/list=1]
    Judging from this, it goes against previous assumptions that we couldn't use this stuff. I had only planned to use some very particular items anyway...more on this later...
This sounds very interesting! I'll look it over myself later... We could certainly use his lizards, if nothing else...

By the way, Corthian has said that depending on how much time he can spare, he might be able to make a Naga creature for us. More info to follow shortly.
We already have Argonian zombies. Thanks anyway.

@ Deeza - A Naga would be great! We're really short on some vital creatures such as the Naga and the Sarpa. I think we should be able to cope with the Paatru ourselves. I'll hopefully have time to look into that this weekend.
That sounds good. I'll post a shortlist of useful creatures from Waalx soon.-

Update:

I suggest:
- fear (4 colours)
- armless lizard
- warthog
- small lizard (4 colours)
- crocodile (3 colours)
- caiman (3 colours)
- mantis (4 colours)

I think that would be plenty, combined with what we already have.

Any other suggestions?
I'm just waiting to hear what WAC has to say.... Confusedhrug:
Yay! :bananarock:

WAC has just confirmed clearance with me to use most of the models requested. I just sent a last email trying to secure the use of the mantis but, other than this, all of the important ones are clear for us to use. I'm just going through the archive and will try adding these from now until the weekend.

I'll be updating the OP with what I've added. Many thanks to WAC who deserves a MAJOR mention as a contributor to BM. :yes:
Fantastic news! You're quite right - he ought to be near the top of the modelling section of the credits, right next to Koniption and Llamaranger.
I'm having to make some tough decisions here on what makes it into the mod. There's loads of great stuff now. I'm basing my choices on keeping a balance between different regions and different creatures shapes / types / sizes. For the time being, here's the full list of proposed creatures:

Critters / Innocents
  • Centipede (Koniption's)
  • Mosquito (Koniption's)
  • Thornite (Koniption's)
  • Zeflon (from 'WAC' - a strange deer-like creature with an anteater mouth)
  • Small Lizards (from 'WAC')
  • Glyptodon (from 'Dune Creatures' - a horned, rat-like creature inside a shell)
  • Sand Crawler (from 'Dune Creatures' - a nastier-looking mudcrab)

Water Threats
  • Jellyfish (Koniption's)
  • Mud Slaughterfish (our own)
  • Trodh - now renamed Lamia (from the 'horror creatures' - merges a slaughterfish with a spriggan-like body)
  • Hammerhead Shark (from 'WAC')
  • Tiger Shark (from 'WAC')
  • Dobhar-Chu (from 'Wogs')

Undead / Horror
  • Argonian Zombies (from Helborne)
  • Argonian Skeletons (from 'WAC')
  • Skeleton Crab (from 'horror creatures')
  • Stingotaur - now renamed 'Walking Root Mould' (a minotaur but very bloody and spiky - from the 'horror creatures')
  • Marsh Eye - now renamed 'Flying Root Mould' (another 'horror creature' - an imp with a cyclops eye)

Purely Swamp-Dwelling
  • Crocodiles (from 'WAC')
  • Black Caiman (from 'WAC')
  • The Higgs (from 'Vacuity's Spirits and Ephemerals')
  • Fears & Armless Lizards (from 'WAC' - 5 or 6 versions)
  • Were Crocodiles (from 'Grimdeath's Lore Creatures Expansion')
  • Bogtoad (from 'Dune Creatures')

Jungle-Based
  • Hyaenodon (from 'WAC' - hyaenas, very nasty-looking animals)
  • Ash Lions (from 'WAC' - like black panthers)
  • Wild Chimps (from 'WAC')
  • Durzog (from mr_siika)
  • Swamp Stalker (from 'Phitt's Loreless Creatures')

Dungeons
  • Argon Giants (from 'WAC' - look like weird-looking murk-rock ogres)
  • Black Trolls (from 'WAC')
  • Tarantulas (from 'Spider Creature' - three versions)
  • Mantidae (from 'WAC' - 3 versions)

There are some different variations of the above models. Here are some others that, for the moment, I've decided to leave out:

Grimdeath's Lore Creatures
  • Pahmer
  • Giant Spiders
  • Hunger

Phitt's Loreless Creatures
  • Spider Spriggan
  • Thorn Elemental

Other Wogs (and Mantidae) by Tarnsman
WAC
  • Equs (unusual horse)
  • Venison
  • Leopard
  • Blue Squall
  • Mice

...if anyone really disagrees with this selection, please tell me now whilst I'm in the process of adding them to the archive...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23