Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
And the Thornite looks magnificent.
It does. And I just noticed that I haven't yet included the latest version of the Thornite after speaking to KP about this so it will look a bit better soon. =)
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
And the Thornite looks magnificent.
It does. And I just noticed that I haven't yet included the latest version of the Thornite after speaking to KP about this so it will look a bit better soon. =)

Yeah, I was about to say! My Thornite now looks way cooler than that! Cool

EDIT: Btw, "Ra5946" was the ST member who modeled the Thornite's meshes for me, originally. So he/she needs to be credited for this creature, as well. They based the creature off my badly drawn pencil sketch I sent them. They also sent those preliminary rose-based textures that you show in your pic above. I made the skeleton, rigged, and animated the Thornite meshes. I later vertex painted and retextured it. I think I've told you about Ra5946's involvement, but I don't think you remembered.

RE: the Urchins -

Why are the urchins floating in the middle of the water? They shouldn't be doing that unless you are still using the old version of the urchins. Or did you place the creature version of them in the middle of the water on purpose, and took pics before they hit the seabed?

The newer "creature" version of the urchins need to be placed right on the seabed or shoreline ground, so that they stay there. If they per chance climb onto a rock and then off the top of the rock, the urchins have a "downwards" pull in all their animations, so that they are pulled down to ground level again, but without going through the ground itself. It's a little trick I figured out on my end, to keep them on the ground.

Koniption
I had put the urchins there deliberately so I could take shots of them. I'm pretty sure they started gravitating downwards after a while.

Thanks for the info about the Thornites (again). This time, I've added it to my credits list. I'll need to add a few more files to the next archive update, methinks. :yes:
We don't even have hackwings, aren't they supposed to be in the Marshes, a lot of lore fans would be very dissapointed not encountering a Hackwing or Swamp Leviathan in their adventuring.

EDIT: woops Leviathan is in, nevermind, havent seen the Hackwing though.
Well, you can't have everything, I guess! Confusedhrug:

I hardly think they'll be disappointed with everything we have available. Nevertheless, mr_siika's vultures could be used...but I think they're just for decoration and not able to attack. I'm told that flying creatures, strictly-speaking, are impossible in Oblivion notwithstanding the way they managed to get imps in there.
K, just wanted to know that, thnx.
I believe the original plan was to do a replacement model for Mr Siika's crows, and have them use the same animation. But we had limited time for our modelers, so it got put on the backburner.
What do you think to the idea of simply using vultures? I'd be up for that, personally. If they're only flying way up above, you're likely to not know the difference. Either way, I doubt they'll play a large part in the game since they're just for decorative purposes (and, I guess, to fulfill certain lore requirements).
I would say, go right ahead with the Vultures for now. Better than nothing.
Good good. I have the Cliffracers ready for the edges of Morrowind as well... =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23