Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Waalx has made it clear to me that we cannot use ANY of his creatures. It is an OVERHAUL not a resource pack. :alert:

I can't say I agree with him but it is, after all, his mod.
IG, if you are OK to use the AliveWaters Mod, I can now put the fishes into the water...
Quote:Originally posted by Tlo1048
Waalx has made it clear to me that we cannot use ANY of his creatures. It is an OVERHAUL not a resource pack. :alert:

I can't say I agree with him but it is, after all, his mod.

He does, however, say in the readme that once his mod is released, he might allow people to make their own creature spawn lists which are dependent on WAC, provided that his file is installed as well.
Hmm, are the spawn lists very effective? And does this mean that we would be effectively using his resource pack but just switching the models around in order to use only our own (which could save time but may require adjustments)?

We'd have to look at that in more depth and see if it was worth doing. Otherwise, despite the croc, caiman, rhino and a few others, I don't think we'd use that many of the creatures anyway....except I didn't see the Gnoll creature in the pic and that's something we were definitely looking at.

@ DoZeNt - I'd have to check on any effect on the FPS and filesize for that. I'm planning on introducing Koniption's jellyfish and sea urchin eventually as I think they're more exotic and appropriate....but I'm not ruling it out. I'd just like to get the coastal areas around the Parchlands complete first.
I am talking about river fishes.. The plugin doesn't weight much. Or we can wait for llamaranger, he said something about pikes...
I'd like to see it done on a trial basis. Are you okay to implement it yourself....? Then you could send me the files along with an esp...?
Here are pics of 4 new creatures I made, that we can use if you want. (I didn't make the models, I just retextured.)

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x99/Tlo1048
In the "Black Marsh" album.

And I have to re-do Anaster from the file you sent me. I got a corrupted archive on mine. Yay....not. X(
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'd like to see it done on a trial basis. Are you okay to implement it yourself....? Then you could send me the files along with an esp...?

You mean putting fishes in rivers and ponds? Ok! Just let me know the regions, which need that
Quote:Originally posted by Tlo1048
Here are pics of 4 new creatures I made, that we can use if you want. (I didn't make the models, I just retextured.)

Very interesting (and delightfully weird)! ThePriest909 would like stuff like this. You'll have to guide him here if he shows up (it might help to give him a nudge). I'd have to see them working in-game to appreciate them fully, I think, but I especially like the skeleton crab :yes: . They might dwell in the likes of Murkwood ideally so we can put them near the borders in the Everglades and Darkmoor.

@ DoZeNt - No, what I mean is: could you find a small area (the Everglades is probably the best for now) to put some fishes in so I check out how it will look if we go for the full effect? Are you okay doing that?
Ok.

btw, I have just found out that the author is Windsurfer o_O
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23