Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I just finished adding all of WAC's creatures to the CS. It's taken me many long, long tedious hours and I still have the levelled lists to do. Nevertheless, all of that stuff is in there now. =)

This leaves me with the following still to work on: Thornite, Glytodon, Trodh, Dobhar-Chu, Skeleton Crab, Walking & Flying Root Moulds, Were Crocodiles, Swamp Stalkers and Tarantulas.
A job very well done. That must have been tough.
It was. I took a break yesterday but I'll take a look at the levelled lists some time today. Then it's on to the others.
I assume that not everythign will be levelled? I think it would be most appropriate for wilderness and some of the dungeons, but at the same time, you don't want a new player accidentally waltzing through a MQ dungeon etc. Non-levelled areas are a great way to create some real challenging gameplay.

x

edd

p.s. Ima discuss my abscence elswhere Smile
I too would go for a mix of leveled and non-leveled gameplay. I think that the biggest flaw of Oblivion was in its levelling system, in which everything is easy at first then becomes impossibly hard as your character becomes stronger due to dodgy scaling.
I'm about to introduce some levelled lists now actually. We can choose to use them, not use them or mix them up if we have everything in place. It will all need playtesting though.
It's not leveled lists as such that I have a problem with, more that Oblivion did it really badly. Morrowind, on the other hand, used identical software to make something that worked much better.
Why not right what OB did wrong with BM?, instead of doing things exactly how OB done them, do it better where possible.
That's what I was trying to say really. A mix of levelled and unleveled encounters makes more sense, as it means things don't get too easy whilst occasionally throwing a real challenge or a walkover at you. More realistic, and more suspenseful.
I finished the levelled lists for all of WAC's creatures and I'll eventually start incorporating everything else too. I created some randomised lists for land and water with extra ones for predators and prey and will eventually add cave lists together with critters lists. We currently have quite a lot of critters of differing landscape environments. For example, we have centipedes, sand crawlers and Glyptodon for land encounters whilst for water encounters we have jellyfish, mud slaughterfish and urchins and I'm hoping to add a little more to swamp encounters other than mosquitoes with varying disease scripts attached.

Anyway, I'm moving on to the others now...after that I may adapt some levelled lists for use in particular areas e.g. swamps, forests and grasslands, jungles etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23