Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I finished the levelled lists. There will probably need to be a fair amount of playtesting but it's all done now. We have a full set of creatures. :goodjob:
Good good...
Here's the first set of creatures that I set up a while ago. I created a BM testcell earlier in December. It's a very simple location that is just a strip of land with some basic textures. The creatures may not be shown in their best light but at least there's a visual reference this way as to what people are going to be putting in their dungeons:
  1. Ash Lion
  2. Bogtoad
  3. Black Caiman
  4. Centipede
  5. Fear (there are many, many varieties of these)
  6. Fear King
  7. Flying Root Mould (a Bhuru magic creature)
  8. Argon Giant
  9. Marsh Spider
  10. Tropical Spider
    [/list=1]
    That's all for now but there are tons more to come. I haven't completely finished setting up the levelled lists, especially for Vacuity's spirits and ephemerals, which were a late addition. Nevertheless, Vacuity's spirits are pretty awesome...some of the magic FX are really cool and they'll look superb floating around Murkwood.
Those are looking good, and will look even better in their intended environment. Where did you get the Argon Giant from? Is it part of waalx's set? Either way, it's a dead ringer for the Lizardman from the original BM in Tes1.
Nice screens!

@ Deeza: maybe it really is based on the Lizardman from TES1 - "Argon", as in "Argonian"....??

Koniption
That's very likely, actually. Waalx (who is indeed the creator) had intended for his creatures to be organised according to the different provinces. He basically released those assets on the basis that only the Argonian items be used as befits his own mod that released different creatures based on the border of each province. I'd have liked to have had the Gnoll (at least I think that's what it was called) but it was assigned to Hammerfell or somesuch...no matter, I got most of my favourites. I had to specifically request the Mantis though, which is one of my personal favourites. Talking of which:
  1. Glyptodon
  2. Guar
  3. Hyaenodon
  4. Leviathan (it looks a LOT better in water and will be resized much larger)
  5. Mantis (yay!)
  6. Sand Crawler
  7. Skeleton Crab (a Bhuru magic creature)
  8. Swamp Stalker
  9. Walking Root Mould
  10. Zeflon
    [/list=1]
    Check this post for pics of Durzog, Argonian Zombies and mosquitoes: Creatures of Black Marsh .
    And there's still more to come...
More.....:
  1. The Were-Croc
  2. Argonian Skeletons
  3. Armless Lizards (and what I refer to as 'belly lizards' since they are low to the ground)
  4. The Murkwood Red Knee Tarantula (one of three tarantula variations)
  5. The Wild Chimp
  6. The Mighty Marsh Iguana (his anims are a bit twitchy but he looks cool, especially with an open maw attack)
  7. The Marsh Runner
  8. The Higgs (this is one of the attack spells it uses)
  9. The Higgs Spirit (on the left) and the Small God Spirit (on the right). This is how they are both shown when not attacking. Again, there are about 6-7 different varieties of these spirits, all unique
  10. The Black Troll (may need resizing)
    [/list=1]
    I will aim to get shots of all creatures on this thread (I haven't finished yet!) so that this is a pretty thorough guide to what you're getting. There are also quite a few variations of the different creatures. For example, the Marsh Iguana comes in both horned and crested varieties. I just went through the CS and identified a total of about 138 different creature varieties (including lots of Fear lizards and skeletons)! Big Grin

Next up, water-dwelling creatures...
Fantastic! I think we will need a new name for the Chimp though. It just sounds a bit out of place next to the others. I was thinking of Marsh Gibbon, though perhaps something more exotic like Anthropophagic Troglodyte?
Oooh, I'm liking Troglodyte but maybe this name is best reserved for the Black Troll and we can call this little baby the Marsh Gibbon.

In the meantime, here are the last pics:
  1. KP's Thornite creature is like this when undisturbed...
  2. ...and like this when angered.
  3. The lamia is one of the big surprise hits for me. The animations are super-fluent and it really looks like some wicked mermaid
  4. The Hammerhead Shark (looks a lot better from the side and animates well too)
  5. The Tiger Shark
  6. Urchins
    [/list=1]
    Plus I still haven't managed to successfully set up KP's jellyfish so that the game doesn't crash. This is my fault for not dealing with the issue before when KP sent me fixes. Bear in mind that the leviathan belongs in the water as well (it looks a bit crap on land and doesn't clip well with the ground).

I think this makes for about forty distinct types of enemy in total (that's very different creature skeletons as shown) but, as I said, there are 138 varieties.
Agreed with you on the names. I was surprised by the lamia too. It looks pretty intimidating (perhaps its the mohawk that does it?). And the Thornite looks magnificent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23