Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Post here when you go away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Woohoo! The computer shop phoned today to let me know my computer is fixed, so I can go collect it tomorrow!

Of course, I'll still have to check out the damage to my hard drive (fingers crossed nothing important went missing), so I may not be back with you just yet. Still, this is a hopeful sign!
Sweet! =)
The computer works again!

I would like to celebrate by claiming Kungomabog, the other Everglades settlement. Is this ok? I'd like to build it so as to incorporate the lore I've made up for it. Where can I find the co-ordinates of the location?
I have the name down as being Kangumabog (with an 'a' not a 'u') although, tbh I kind of like it with the 'u'. Have your previous writings referred to it as such?

Anyway, the location marked out for it is: -5,-7. Let me know if the name itself isn't attached to this cell. This is because it is with my own current version but I can't remember if I added this name through my latest esp or whether it exists in the current esm.

Please note that all maps and co-ordinates are available here: All Maps (the earlier ones are inaccurate).

Finally, you'll notice that there are a lot of cells in the above link that are yellow, denoting the area for the settlement. These don't have to be filled but they were originally there to outline the basic possible area. In other words, you don't have to fill all the cells (and I recommend that you don't).

In actual fact, I had this settlement down as the largest of the Everglades settlements but, as Go-Ja Morgoa was only about 2 cells, this one is likely to be much smaller than the yellowed cells suggest (although still probably the biggest). Furthermore, it might help to nudge its location a little more southerly as there is no real settlement located entirely within Darkmoor. Therefore, I would suggest using Koniption's watertop huts in the Everglades portion and, when coming closer to Darkmoor, swamp huts would be a good idea. I guess you could also improvise with a few wooden platforms but, at least until the next update, use of the swamplands huts is probably best left out as I've recently altered those models.

Feel free to height map this area as I'll be leaving the generation of Darkmoor till the esm update after the next, at least.

Enjoy it anyway! Btw, I've been working on the Stormhold interiors. It's taken ages to get the haphazard architecture sorted for the interiors but I think I'm getting there now.
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm going to be setting off on my summer holidays in the next couple of days to work on an archaeological dig site in Greece, so I will be away for about a month. Unfortunately the place I'm going (a tiny island) has only occasional internet access, so you may not hear from me at all until I get back!

I'd still like to do Kungumabog if possible, but if you work up a momentum while I'm away and it's holding you back, then by all means someone else can take it. The project's come on in leaps and bounds recently, and I'd have like to have done more work before I left, unfortunately I had computer issues that stopped me.

I wish you all the best of luck, and very much hope I'll see real progress when I get back in September!

Deeza
Have a great one, Deeza! That sounds really interesting...Greece has enjoyed many different periods of historical prominence...what's the dig site, if you don't mind me asking?

We still have Kulu-Hees and Glok-Chuba untouched so we can focus on them for now. We should be okay to reserve it for you but yes, I will have to free it up if I find we need to get it modded. I don't expect that to happen though....I guess you might use some of your spare time during one of your creative moments to think about your Stormhold undercity developments and other ideas... Big Grin

Whenever I get 'head-space' on holiday, I tend to write instinctively...come back fresh, bud! Oh, and thanks for modifying your sig....is TOYB still modding then these days? Perhaps he'd be interested in dropping by....?
Thanks Ibsen. It's an ancient cemetery (about 400-200 BC as far as anyone can tell, it's pretty hard to date these things accurately).

TOYB is still active, but as I understand it he's pretty busy in RL right now. At the moment we're working on a small mod that'll let people visit the Isle of Betony: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Newgate's_War_Of_Betony

It'll include a lot of new models, so that's taking up all his time at the moment, but I'll remember this project to him at some point all the same.

See you in September,

Deeza
hm, Majorka by any chance? have fun either way
Cemetaries should certainly be interesting...if a little gruesome, perhaps. Have fun, Deez! And thanks for leaving a legacy of quest fodder before you went. It gives us something to aim at and keeps things tightly in order. :check:
Thanks, both of you. Hope you all have a great summer!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40