Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Creatures of Black Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

[/HR]

Final edit by Ibsen's Ghost - March 2010

[/HR]

Here is the final selection.

Critters / Innocents
  • Centipede (Koniption's)
  • Mosquito (Koniption's)
  • Thornite (Koniption's)
  • Zeflon (from 'WAC' - a strange deer-like creature with an anteater mouth)
  • Small Lizards (from 'WAC')
  • Glyptodon (from 'Dune Creatures' - a horned, rat-like creature inside a shell)
  • Sand Crawler (from 'Dune Creatures' - a nastier-looking mudcrab)

Water Threats
  • Jellyfish (Koniption's)
  • Mud Slaughterfish (our own)
  • Trodh - now renamed Lamia (from the 'horror creatures' - merges a slaughterfish with a spriggan-like body)
  • Hammerhead Shark (from 'WAC')
  • Tiger Shark (from 'WAC')
  • Dobhar-Chu (from 'Wogs')

Undead / Horror
  • Argonian Zombies (from Helborne)
  • Argonian Skeletons (from 'WAC')
  • Skeleton Crab (from 'horror creatures')
  • Stingotaur - now renamed 'Walking Root Mould' (a minotaur but very bloody and spiky - from the 'horror creatures')
  • Marsh Eye - now renamed 'Flying Root Mould' (another 'horror creature' - an imp with a cyclops eye)

Purely Swamp-Dwelling
  • Crocodiles (from 'WAC')
  • Black Caiman (from 'WAC')
  • The Higgs (from 'Vacuity's Spirits and Ephemerals')
  • Fears & Armless Lizards (from 'WAC' - 5 or 6 versions)
  • Were Crocodiles (from 'Grimdeath's Lore Creatures Expansion')
  • Bogtoad (from 'Dune Creatures')

Jungle-Based
  • Hyaenodon (from 'WAC' - hyaenas, very nasty-looking animals)
  • Ash Lions (from 'WAC' - like black panthers)
  • Wild Chimps (from 'WAC')
  • Durzog (from mr_siika)
  • Swamp Stalker (from 'Phitt's Loreless Creatures')

Dungeons
  • Argon Giants (from 'WAC' - look like weird-looking murk-rock ogres)
  • Black Trolls (from 'WAC')
  • Tarantulas (from 'Spider Creature' - three versions)
  • Mantidae (from 'WAC' - 3 versions)

[/HR]

WiP edit by Ibsen's Ghost - January 2010

[/HR]

I'm commandeering this post to get a better, more comprehensive view of the creatures currently planned for inclusion. I will amend this list as we progress:

Lore-based Creatures from this thread: "Lore-Correct" Flora & Fauna of Blackmarsh .
  • Were-lions & Marsh Cats - Black Panther, Leopard, Marsh Leopard & (possibly) Swamp Golem (Senten).
  • Were-croc - see Grimdeath's Lore Creatures above.
  • Jellyfish, Centipede and Mosquito (Koniption).
  • Ravens and Vultures aka 'Hackwings' (mr_siika) - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23523
  • Trodh - soemthing appropriate from the 'AliveWaters' mod by windsurfer - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6914
  • Voriplasm (using Midas - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9562 - this may include the swamp creature from the Beholden temple and/or the creature from the 'summon jelly' spell)
  • Fleshflies (using Midas swarm spell - see above)
  • Wamasus - may involve using Drake's Dragon Wings (instead of as Sarpa) or an upscaled version of the Draconian race.
  • Swamp Leviathan - similar to rootworms but even bigger...? A possibility is in using the giant slaughterfish inside Fathis Aren's tower or this mod looks like it might have an even bigger one: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19474 .
  • Tree-Dwelling lizards - lizard-like rats with wings? Possibly use argentsol's Skaven - see above (although they don't have wings, of course) or fix the snake clothing from this mod to a creature: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25908 .
  • Feather Serpent - elongated model of the rats with wings but with feathered wings?
  • Wombat - not a clue....
  • Waalx' WAC mod - http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php NB: As the use of this mod presently requires that BM is dependent on it, this is not currently planned for inclusion. However, things change...

Edit -
And, of course, the hostile humanoids:
  • TheModaxJago's 'Sarpa' (and possibly Sarpa MKII - Drake's Dragon Wings Resource).
  • The Lilmothlit (Ferimen's Vexend Race).
  • Naga (the Tsaesci from the 'Akavir' project were last mentioned here: New Race Selection or what Tlo1048 suggested - New Race Selection . Where can I get any of these now, do you think? I'll need to contact Waalx. Anyone know where to catch him?)
  • Lizardmen (Ziuli race from ShadowLance 194's '10 New Races').
  • Barsaebic Ayleids (A modified Fantasma race from Rinnegatamante's Race Pack - although personally I think we could 'sex things up a bit with the Chocolate Elves: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18247 . It might not fit with lore but you'd want to visit the Ayleid ruins again Cool .)
  • Burly Ape-race (the Dune race mod)?

The following link, however, is a more complete rundown of the proposed races of Black Marsh: New Race Selection .

And this post offers a few ideas for ridable mounts, besides those in Grimdeath's lore creatures (above): Ships and Docks but there's plenty more:Personal Pack Guars, Daedroth Mount, Bear Mount, Bonehorror Mount, Mammoth Mount, Slaughterfish Mount & Maverick the Sinister (there's an auroran mount from the same guy).

In addition to this, please check some of lutemoth's awesome concept art here: http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=141628 .

And keep track of LR's more recent developments here: Llama#s Weird and Wonderful Creatures .

[/HR]

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost - June 2009

[/HR]

Didn't really know where else to put this. We need to finalise our list of new creatures to be included in Black Marsh. What I have so far is:

Mr Siika's Durzog

Modax Jago's Sarpa
Modax Jago's Kwama

The Swamp Stalker (from loreless creatures pack)
Flesh Golems (from lore creatures pack - perfect for all those dungeons containing rogue Argonian voodoo sects)

Marsh Elves (high elf model using the Gloom Wraith dark green transparency)

Spectral Argonians (regular argonians using the ghost transparency/glowing effect)

Paatru (model already made, by llamaranger I believe?)

There was also a "mosasaur" made by a long-gone member of the team, but I don't remember it ever being animated
Im planning to make a jaguar and a "marsh" jaguar(brownish-greenish skin).
And i think,a marsh boar would be nice,need some remodelling,bigger horns etc.
And a panther of course.
Retextured spiders to swamps and jungles..
And if im right there is a "Flesh dog" in the Shivering Isles.It would nice with a retex(brownish,blackish skin to marshes).

Smile
Those all sound like great ideas, and easy to make too.
This thread helps to summarise our work so far on the NPC models: New Race Selection but there are various creature threads in that section . Most of the discussion on this matter has fallen under the category of 'Models & Textures'. I've moved the thread, anyhow.

btw, there was a slimy, swampy thing in Midas' magic mod where you had to enter a temple in order to meet the 'Beholder' creatures. I think it was based on an SI model such as those cut-up dudes (can't remember their names right now) but it was a challenging fight......I've had that on my mind for a while now.
I relay get the feeling that I am the only who hasnt played Midas Magic.
Okay argonians,
3 Creature is done :check:

Black Panther

Marsh Leopard

Leopard

I will upload and post to the Esm/Esp thread,but im going to sleep now. Smile

`Senten
The two leopards look fantastic... the marsh leopard is especially good. Well done! :goodjob:

As for the panther, the black fur is cool but I'm just not sure about the white undercoat. Kind of makes it look a bit like a giant housecat... Maybe if you made it a bit darker?

Just a minor point though. Keep up the good work!
WHat about creatures from SI or retextured creatures from SI?
Which ones were you thinking of in particular?
I couldnt think of any to fit in besides the giant spiders?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23