Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: the new armor/weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
So, where are these hornets from? Are they just creations from Silgrad Tower? I don't have a problem with it, but are we going to try to implicate them into our mod, or are they just background information for the hornet armor that everyone was talking about? ?(
And how do they move? Do they hover, fly or move on their legs, in which case they would need little more stronger legs than those they have right now ?
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
And how do they move? Do they hover, fly or move on their legs, in which case they would need little more stronger legs than those they have right now ?
Actually, I would think a little bit of all of them. If they are to be put into our mod, then yeah, I think that some small changes should be made. One that they should have smaller more lean bodies, while their legs and wings would be stronger looking. That way they actually look like they could support themselves, let alone somone riding them.

If not, then hey, I still think it would be an improvement. :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
So, where are these hornets from? Are they just creations from Silgrad Tower? I don't have a problem with it, but are we going to try to implicate them into our mod, or are they just background information for the hornet armor that everyone was talking about? ?(

The wasp used in the Silgrad Tower mod is one of many wonderful creatures made by Lady Eternity, or LadyE as she's often called. We also use the flaming skull, faeries, and probably the cat too.

If there's just one bonemold armor and one type of bonemold helm that's actually made, I would be as elated as I would be impressed. Maybe that would be a good starting goal to have for all of us who are working on the Morrowind Province?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to have a huge selection of bonemold variations, but if you tell yourself "we MUST have five different types!" or something along those lines, and you only wind up with three, there's a risk of feeling that it's a failure. But if the goal is instead to just get one type, getting that one type would feel like a success, and anything more would just be icing on the cake. Don't underestimate how much work has to go into making objects like that, more so on the Oblivion platform than on Morrowind's.

Recruiting modellers on ESF might be advisable? With the vaning popularity of Morrowind, now might be a good time to snag some of the modellers who are waiting for the game to come out. Once it does I bet all modellers will be really busy.
I think there should be only 6... strictly speaking
but only really four called bonemold...

Dagoth Armor will be like the traditional bonemold of the House Dagoth, but will be a mixture of chitin plates too....
Indoril is bonemold reinforced with metal...
Armun-an, Gah-Julan, and regular bonemold.... those are the ones seen in TES3
then Dres bonemold.... that makes 6.....
but only 4 called bonemold...

I know its very high to aim for... I dunno if we are up to it... I hope we can do it...
so just to get straight:

one separete armor type per house,

six total,

only four actually called bonemould
So:
  • Traditional Bonemold

• Armun-an (variation of traditional)
  • Gah-Julan (variation of traditional)
  • Dres (variation of traditional)

• Dagoth (traditional with mixed in Chitin plating)
  • Indoril (traditional re-enforced with metal plating)
Do all of the types have the same kind of body armor. Is it just the helm that changes from one style to the other?

[edit] - Ok, ignore my question above. I re-read what KuKulzA posted and that pretty much answered it. I updated my list as well.
Perhaps these armors should have clothy parts on them? To make them look more beliveable. Especially since cloth movement can be made. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Perhaps these armors should have clothy parts on them? To make them look more beliveable. Especially since cloth movement can be made. Big Grin
Well, cloth movement is possible with the Havok Engine, but the dev's aren't encluding it with the first release of Oblivion. Maybe they will make a patch with it in some time later on. One can hope. Big Grin

But the cloth physics added to Bonemold? Hmm, you mean like a cape or something like that hanging off their back or off just one shoulder? I think that would look "savage"! :lmao: (sorry Batman, couldn't help myself :goodjob: )
I meant some tattered clothes on it and possibly a short cape or something like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27