Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: the new armor/weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
if u can think of ligt dwemer armor an how it will look like

i'm very VERY intrested :yes: if u dont put it in the forem plz mail it to me(on the forum i mean)
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Through some rituals or how?
ritually would probably take longer but the pact would last longer be stronger and the Daedra all the more willing to help you out...
a forced summoning forces the Daedric spirit to bind to a form at your will... and will usually eventuall disappate quickly back to Oblivion....

I think that's how it is

I presume it takes a powerful wizard to do this pact?
....maybe? I really don't know... it seemed very elementary in TES3... lik when I went on a Balmora killing spree the mage's guild teleporter used a bound mace on me....
If it isn't modified in oblivion, perhaps we could fix it.
To get this thread back on topic, and to propose a "solution" to the early-asked question about how to differentiate chitin and netch armors, how about...

Netch armor and chitin remain close in weight and in strength, but make chitin, the traditional armor of the Ashlanders, more of a regional thing. Basically, you can get Netch most places and many people wear it, but chitin, or slight variants of chitin, function for the Ashlanders like the bonemold does for the houses. You can get it in a few select places, but the most straight-forward way is to a)kill an Ashlander wearing some or b)join one of the tribes. I know that's not how they did it in TESIII, but it would solve a few problems at once.
well... I dunno... its not really distribution that needs to be redone... but stats...
Chitin is a less flexible, harder light armor, whereas netch leather is a flexible and softer light armor...

so how can stats make them equal... but in different ways... like say netch didn't protect you as well but is lighter and has say an automatic boost your dodging...
Chitin is a bit heavier an harder... and maybe has a higher enchant?

I dunno.. I need ideas...
In TESIII at least, those sort of things could only be accomplished via enchantments. Armors had defensive bonus stats and that only. Unless you've heard differently, I would assume that Oblivion will be the same way with their armor. Therefore, we need options beyond bonuses in differentiating the armors. We could make Chitin more upscale (it was supposed to be better than it was according to the way people talked about it), or we can change distribution (Chitin popular in Ashlands, Netch elsewhere), or we could come up with something else.

I really do think that it would be cool, whatever we decide on the Netch/Chitin issue, if each of the four tribes had a distinctive piece of Chitin, say a set of pauldrons or a helm that served as identification. That way, we would only need to model variants of one piece of already-needed armor for that purpose.
In: Ashlanders thread
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
so yeah, back on Ashlanders....
I think (although this is stretching it) every tribe's warriors and maybe common folk should have their own style... like the warriors from one tribe have different armor... like one type of helm has feathers... or another has a spike... etc.

I know... its a lot of work...

just a thought... realistically, most tribal people even o one ethnic group have many different customs and traditions... take the Taiwanese Aborigines for example... VERY diverse, but they are all somewhat the same ethnic group....

I kinda had the same idea... except for EVERY tribe... maybe that is too big... but definitely good to start with the 4 most important... although I think Ahemmusa had lost that title... but maybe it was at one time...
but now that it is in Ald Daedroth, well fortified... and joined by outcasts from other tribes making a relatively strong population at Ald Daedroth... good for Ashlanders :yes:
I think I alredy mentioned once that their styles perhaps shouldn't differ too much in nature. Can't remember... Big Grin
Perhaps just different insignias, scratches, ...
I don't think the ashlanders should have different variations on chitin. First, all that is done to make it is slap some shells on leather and the ashlanders go by use, not beauty. Symbols and insignias are saved for wiseman and Chieftans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27