Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: the new armor/weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
How much can one crossbow get complicated? Big Grin
well... repeating cross bows are more complicated than regular ones...
and some have different ways of loading...

but the basic design is the same...

you know what?
cross-bows would be very effective against Dunmer... mostly because Crossbows have more reliable a punch. They don't go as far and aren't as versatile, but they will always give a hard punch. Dunmer in general do not have the best of armors... so 1 or 2 bolts (quarrels?) will do the job... plus, Dunmer are used to bows & arrows, infact they are quite goodat them (bosmer better anyday though)... but crossbows are not so familiar to them.... from what I can tell, arrows are more easily deflected, but bolts are good for penetrating armor... or at least better at it I think...

I can imagine.. Dwemer with their full armor, refined metal weapons, and crossbows would've been definitely powerful against both Daedra and the more numerous but less well armed Chimer
They actually were repeating cross bows?
Dwemer RULED! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
They actually were repeating cross bows?
Dwemer RULED! Big Grin
I dunno that for sure, but if they had robots, they probably had repeating corssbows right?
I mean the Chinese invented them in the real world.... but they didn't have robots...
Why couldn't they lead their battles with just robots?
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Why couldn't they lead their battles with just robots?

robots were mainly for defense... they often relied on:
Heart of Lorkhan
Steam power

soul gem?
other? like electricity?

those relying on steam need to be close to home base...
those dependent on the Heart need to be near Red Mt. to be powered
those powered by a soul gem are all set and could probably go outside and take a walk
electricity? well if the Dwemer did have that tech., then maybe those animiculi would last longer away from home, but they'd need to recharge... and you know, some of the Dwemer towers look like they have thosemetal things that catch lighting and prevent the lightning from hitting a house (can't remember name)... maybe those robots refuel at those?
Interesting theory.
But doesn't them having robots seem a little stretched? I mean, of what did those robots consist of?
well they DID have robots... ie. Animiculi
What were they powered with? Don't tell me it's steam, in that case they would weight a ton and couldn't move an inch.
magic + tech. = lots of stuff

actually, go to The Imperial Library and search: Dwemer
it should come up with quite a bit Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27