Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: the new armor/weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
these men are not technicly part of the morang tong well not officaly. and ya they do get payed, or get other favors
well if they are expert killers... (like Morag Tong)
but get paid well (unlike Morag Tong)...
I'd say that could be a good start on an elite cadre of the Dark Brotherhood!
Think, the Dark Brotherhood represents a deviation from the Morag Tong. The Tong is a cult. Granted both are skilled in assassination, but the Dark Brotherhood does it for money (though some also worship Daedra)... the Tong does it as part o their cult and it also fulfills the need for controlled violence in Dunmer society.
Dark Brotherhood also have spread across Tamriel.... so they are more likely to adopt the robes and the swords and the armory of the west...
your idea, Dentar, isn't very Morag Tong-like.... but to me it seems very Dark Brotherhood-ish....

that's my opinion...

by the way.... dramatic/cool billowing robes... on duty or just to look cool? cause lots of people had ceremonial styles and actually use truly practical real armor/clothing in practice...
idk.....wel mabey dark bro, mabey sepret sect all together
perhaps...
or maybe it can be a Minor House?
there once was a minor House called House Mora (hehe sounds like Morag Tong)... it was known for its assassins.... it merged with House Hlaalu early in Dunmer history..... as far as I know... one of the House Mora clans was the lineage from which King Helseth is from....
and King Helseth is an expert poisoner...

so maybe your idea can be applied to a secret assassin group used by King Helseth? maybe composed of the few members left of House Mora? ...since the Dark Brotherhood had failed King Helseth, he might turn to more native and perhaps more skilled assassins to do his bidding?
i've never even heard of a minor house before, hmmphh, i guess o need to do morereading at the imperial library!
not much is known about them... we know of House Mora... and House Sotha.... House Mora was a House known for their "Black Hands" assassins... but they disappeared as they merged with Great House Hlaalu... and House Sotha was all destroyed besides Sotha Sil... but he died at last at the hands of his compatriot god-queen Almalexia
so sotha sil ruled one of the only two known minor houses?
Quote:Originally posted by batman
so sotha sil ruled one of the only two known minor houses?
yessir he did :]
but there was only two known minor houses?
there were defintely many of them in the First era... basically, Chimer Tribes were divided in nomadic and settled... the nomadic clans became the Ashlander Tribes, and the settled Velothi made their Velothi homes and became Houses... except later, Houses began absorbing each other because of kinship or conquest and the Great Houses arose... Indoril was one of the oldest... Redoran and Telvanni were probably second... Hlaalu also came close behind... a very mercantile house... and Dres came a bit later on...
my guess is that the Velothi that settled the in northwest region found a lot of extinct crab carapces and they developed their own style... Telvanni, led by wizards, settled in the mushroom forests and used magics and craftsmenship to make their homes out of mushrooms... the Hlaalu are situated between Indoril and Redoran and so became traders? Indoril settled down... they must have had lots of stones and metals in their land since they are able to be armed better and their home are made of stone and bronze or copper roofs and wooden beams... instead of mushrooms, adobe&wood buildings, or crab shells... the Dres later migrated south and made their own House... regardless they are all ancient...
most of the minor Houses are all affiliated to a Great House... I wouldn't be surprised if there used to be a House Venim or a House Dren... you know what I mean?

so anyways, back on weapons and armor....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27