Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
I keep finding it?^^
Sorry whats this patch file? Was it something to do with me? if not where can i get it from?
Deeza has posted the link earlier, but I think it got destroyed during the forum backup. Check the archive version of this thread or wait until deeza comes online again, I'm sure he can post the link again.

I'm actually not too sure what it does, since it's creating a copy of every existing item, which is surprisingly not leading to ANY bugs or issues I have encountered. Without the patch, there wouldn't be any landmass, trees, houses or anything else in the loaded content.

I don't know if you know of that file?
To sum it up, it's not making trouble of any kind, if you were concerned about it.
I'm glad all that got sorted out and we can get on with finishing this project together. Smile

Here is the link to the archive containing the patch:

http://files.filefront.com/Valenwood+Isl...einfo.html

I found it in an archive of Valenwood files on my hard drive, but I didn't make it myself. I had always assumed that you had made it, so if you don't know I have no idea where it came from. We have a mystery on our hands here it seems.

I have no idea what it does, except that somehow it makes the landscape appear in-game (the master file on its own will cause only the trees to appear but not the land, houses or anything else).
Huh i have no idea. The land doesn't show properly due to the fact its a .esm if you want to play test just convert it to a .esp. Its just the fact you quests are dependent to it so i thought you have made it as a second master file (with you resources in) instead of editing mine. If i did make it its pretty old. Ill sort out the master file i think making sure we have no compatibility issues. We can just merge both of the .esms then

EDIT: I think i know what its about now. i created a .esm as the master i was letting people use but it didn't include all the exterior work i did (wanted to keep it a surprise). It included all the resources but had none placed in the game world. I kept that as a .esp file which was dependent on the master (Valenwoodisland.esm).

Someone must have converted it to a .esm file using it as a second master file.

Since the last release i merged all the files so it worked as a standalone .esp (checking and fixing all interiors etc).

If it is then that a pretty old file. You should have just email asking for the latest master it would have made life much easier as alot of the work i did has been re-done (ie the quest sinking ship etc). Its happened now but hopefully i can sort it all out with a bit of tes gecko action.
how is progress?
I'm exactly at the point when you enter volus cave together with boldur and vulgor. I didn't have too much time modding the last days ..

But don't worry, it'll get done Smile
dont wanna stress you out :goodjob:
Oh don't worry, you're not. I'm done with "Unravelling the past" (which was actually only consisting of dialogue and I guess it would have taken me around one hour total to do this quest, still it took me like two days since I had some much distraction going around (Sometimes I think I have more free time to work during school than on weekends)).

Anyhow. What about the wrecking-cave? Has it been done so far? Because I don't see it right now. If it hasn't been done so far, I guess you guys would like it to be the spider cave tile, right?

Well, in that case. Windsurfer, would you be willing to make that cave? You have created the tileset and I think, taking a look at the cave you've done, you will be able to handle it best. Only if you have time, though. If you don't, I'll do it.

Anyway, I'll be stuck at this state of quest progress until I get the cave, so i guess I'll spend the time testplaying (I've done like 2-3 quests without testplaying now, so I'm sure there's alot of repairing to be done)

Anyone else is of course allowed to do the cave aswell. If nobody finds time or doesn't want to, I'll do it, as I already mentioned. But yes. I think you're getting the point. :banana:

-doc
Yer i will make the cave. Rough lay out?

Looking again at the .esm's isn't the patch just an updated version of the non patch one. Thats why its duplicating all the files. Not sure of the best way of fixing this. Your .esp is dependent on two masters which are almost identical, one just has all the exterior landscaping plus a few extras . Should be fix-able.

EDIT: Looking again the patch master is very similar to the new version i have. The difference involve tweaks and coral and a few creature leveled lists. It will need testing but it should work fine changing the dependency to the new .esm. Also the non patch version is not required at all. The only dependency the .esp has on it is the spider you made for the main quest.

Not sure what to do, as its stupid merging both the masters as we will get loads of duplicate references all for 1 spider. Plus we will get 2 island world space one which is blank and one which isn't!!

Umm as i cant play test i will see what i can do them post a file to be tested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49