Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The door to the ship was locked intentionally (the player needs a key to open it which they only get by completing the main quest). The door to the cave may simply be that it wasn't connected (is there a cave interior cell in the CS?)

Do any NPCs appear in the CS?
The cave does have an interior (done by me =D .. i did like two interiors for the mode like one year ago) and is linked. NPCs are showing up in the CS (in the houses), but there's no way to get into the houses since the houses are not displayed. LeveledCreatures are there, if you're talking about that. Other than that, there are no other NPCs in the exterior, neither in the CS, nor ingame.

To the Bosmer hunters. There are 8 of them patrolling the middle and the large isle. If the player comes close to one, they ask him to come with them, if he refuses to, they start a fight. All the other Bosmer Hunters will attack the player aswell.

EDIT: Where should I put the chief? What Island? Which house?
as for the landscape..

the islands has no LOD as far as i know..
EDIT: i remember the first time i played the mod, there was not land, only trees..
problem fixed by moving the valenwood esm. on top..

As for the voice acting.
a tread has been made on the old CUT forums.
lets hope for some replys..
- oh, and yes, ibsens ghost did a lot of voice work for us..

one more thing,, i remember long time ago when i played in the islands,
i started a quest called "the desperate collector" which didnt seem to have a ending, since the quest giver told me to go to silvernar..
- i just wanted to tell.

plus, there still is some unfinished interiors..
and i also noticed a cave made with the vanilla tile exterior, shouldnt that be switched in with the spider cave tile exterior??

i have have not seen any other quests than "the desperate collector"
but i remember a seing a quest about a bow, being discussed on these forums..

EDIT2: just remembered a huge bug i found long time ago..
the palms can be picked up. and dropped agian?? WTF?

another bug: some trees dosent have any collusion..
third bug: alot of floating trees can be found thourgh out the isles.

another thing: i just found this tread:
"The Southern Islands" Alpha - To do List

it could be usefull..
Great. Can you set it so that the hunters run away when they get wounded below a certain level (otherwise it just wouldn't make sense the Chieftain speaking to the player if they've just killed 8 of his friends)

@simonp92:

You have a Valenwood .esm?

This could solve our problem. Can you upload it for us?

As for the other things you mentioned, you're right on both counts. The cave needs to be replaced with the spider tileset and anything that refers to the mainland should be cut out (for now)
I just generated the LOD for the islands with a program called something4qlod. Didn't change anything except cluttered my data directory.
And WHERE should I put the chief? Should I make him run up to the player once he starts slaughtering his hunters? Or what? ^^

Quote:problem fixed by moving the valenwood esm. on top..
What? Moving it on top? where?^^
i editted my previous post..

i cannot upload my valenwood ESM because my oblivion and blender computer is infested at this moment..

the newest version can be found here:
1.3 - required
http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=7PFOER4G
http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=C6SO25K7

these where the files i used..

dmrrcoy:
i moved the valenwood EMS on top in my load order..
but the valenwood IS on top of my load order !! :eek:
Ok, they're under oblivion. But how can I change their load order?

I'll check on your files, maybe they'll fix the problem.
This could explain it all...

If the valenwood islands are part of the height map which is contained in the .esm and don't have a separate heightmap of their own, that would explain why it doesn't display in the game (because even though the landscape is loaded in the .esp it's still waiting for the .esm to call in...)

drmccoy:
Do you have the Oblivion Mod Manager? That's the easiest way in my experience to change the load order.
do you have oblivion mod manager?

it could fix the problem..
Yes, but until just now I didn't have the mainland .esm