Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Haha thanks so there are spots left Big Grin by the way i said im pretty good at everything expect Quest making and scripting haha Big Grin

p.s. What should i work with Interior Exterior Chieftans hut or something haha Big Grin
Huuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Huh, didn't see that coming, did ya?
I've been away for quite some time, having trouble with my computer, my internet, my school and reallife, lots of exams coming up soon and I'll graduate from secondary school (freakin hard german school -.- ), so I don't know wether I will have lots of time to help you guys out or not, but if everything fails, you will at least be able to get the latest esps from me now. I hope I didn't procrastinate things too much.

Quote:drmccoy, what's to stop you using a placeholder object for the quest (just put in a regular bow or brazier or something), do all the scripting, and then just swap the objects around later? Would that work alright?

That's a thing. By default, I'd give you a positive on that. By experience, I'd have to say that it might fuck up our whole work. I've experienced item swaps destroying whole mods more than once which kindof made me back up from them. I could use an empty item or and item with a wrong nif file, you'd have to replace the modefile then, not creating a whole new item and swapping it. I guess that'd work.

Quote:drmccoy - wondering if you could make some of the custom music play at certain points. For example when you land on the island one of the custom songs plays. It will make the quests even more unique!!

No problem, tell me the music files and the points you want them to be played, it shall be done.

Omber1234, check out the claim posts, otherwise, I could use you for some generic content? If you'd like, we still have a tavern that would have to be rebuild (do we?^^)

So, since I've been away for quite some time now, I probably lost complete track of what's going on. Could anyone give me a short update on what I'd have to do next? Big Grin

Great to be aboard again (finally)
-Doc !
Great to see you again Doc!

Have you finished all of quests?
If no,then this task would be your next. Wink

`Senten
Great news mate. No worries on real life life issues.

OK i have uploaded an update with the first part of the cave and the new models.

The most important thing is to see if the removal of one of the masters has broken your quests. I tried to have a look but was way out of my depth. VERY impressed by the level of your work and you are right it would take me a long time to learn that!! :goodjob:

Just so you understand whats going on. You made the .esp dependent on two masters which are fundamentally the same. One had a few extra models and object placement aswell as containing all the interiors. I have removed the old master (non patch version) and made it dependent on
the new version. The only error was on a crab and that in turn made one of your quests impossible to complete "headtoshore". I did this to the .esp you posted on here so if you did any work you will have to do it your self using TES gecko. I explained how to do it in a previous post.

The collisioned orb is included in the update aswell and the ships telescope and wrecking stone.

We have the tavern interior. Its the large multistory building which is lacking and interior at the moment so if you could add it too the quest somehow:
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/S...illage.jpg

Its the building without a claim code!!

There was music actually written for this mod which is amazing. Here is a link of it all in a .rar folder:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYZQNR12

Happy Modding Tom
So Everybody is here good to know Big Grin

By the way you have Voices for the Npc's?
If not i could do emTongue
i am in charge of the voices..
post sample to me in tread below-

check this tread for our samples: (i still need the lines so i can send them to our actors)
Voice acting tread for the Abecean isles

Welcome back drmccoy!!
Hehe thoose voices are much better than mine Tongue

By the way i need help i really suck at scripting and im making a quest for a house its like this Quest stage 1: I talked to a bosmer who directed me to a house

Quest stage 2: I arrived at the house thats the problem what am i supposed to type in the script thing to make it update as soon as i get into the house?

Please help so i can learn to script hahahaTongue
Ok,

So what I'm going to do is: Right now I'm downloading the Master update. Only in terms of safety, I'd recommend to stop altering the masterfiles any further and update any necessary changes using an esp file. I haven't encountered any problems so far, but I'm deadly sure about this being a major bug source..

I will then use my latest esp version and make it dependant on the new ESM 1.5. Once I have managed to come that far, I'll let you know wether it works or not.

And in terms of the music: adding and playing it at random parts won't be the problem, but you'll have to tell me what pieces you'd like to hear at which points Wink

-Doc
Hi, good to see you back drmccoy!

I'm afraid I have exams at the moment and can only drop in once in a while, so I can't be much help right now, but I would suggest for the scripted music:

The tracks Origins, Subterra and The Restless are most suited to dungeons, and would be best playing in a random order when the player enters the caves on the islands.

Preservation2 is a battle soundtrack, so it would be cool if it could be scripted so that it plays when the player gets in a fight on the islands.

The other tracks are exploration type music. Perhaps you could script it so that they play in random order at different places as the player walks around the island?

Good luck,

Deeza

Edit:

By the way, in my very rare spare time I'm working on something extra to add to the project when I get back, but that's all I'm saying for now! Big Grin
Ok Sweet. The only difference is the fact it adds a couple of references. It doesn't change anything in the game world. We could always compare the two masters and create a esp with the changes but i'm sure that would make it worst!! One of the masters really needs to be removes anyway as it creates loads of duplicate entries in the mod.

I can do it before we merge but can and try and keep you mod clean its go a few extra references floating around. Otherwise i must say amazing work!!

As there are not many songs deeza i think it will be better if they play at unique places in the quest!! For example when you arrive on land. Or when the elves run at you. drmccoy i'm sure you have a good of opinion as any. Surely its easy just to change the name in the csript if they do need changing!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49