Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Ok, rough layout. Actually, I'd say it's up to you. Get everything out of the spider-cave tile that you can, i.e. show off your work Wink

I'd say one upper level and one or two lower levels. You can keep the upper and middle level quite big and maze-like.

Check out those descriptions of Deeza, they might help you:

Quote:the Wrecking Caverns, a cave that's underwater just off the main island. Once the player enters, only the first section of tunnel is flooded, after that it slopes upwards and the player enters a cave with two Bosmer guards in it.

Quote:The player is now in the islands' largest, most epic dungeon. It's a maze of traps, wild creatures and flooded sections. If necessary, we could make this out of several different interior cells to get around issues over water levels. Also the place is filled with strange green and blue lights and lots of plants, ferns etc. sprouting up through the floor and walls. As the player gets deeper and deeper (and closer to the middle), they start to see more and more traces of ancient buildings (Ayleid arches in the middle of corridors, and so on. Eventually there is an Ayleid door (renamed “Ancient Aldmer Door”) that leads into a badly overgrown Aldmer ruin, full of plants. In the centre is the Chamber of the Wrecking-Stone. It's important that there are two entrances at opposite sides

The rest and everything else is up to you. I'll take care of the NPCs, pathgrids, etc. Just need the interior Smile

Have fun modding it, I'm excited to see it Big Grin

EDIT: Besides, can we get a serious play tester? Because I think nobody actually hasn't really tested this things on possible issues (and honestly: I'm getting sick of playing the campaign over and over again, which I will have to do already to whipe out the big bugs, but I don't want to release it with more bugs than necessary, grading the mod bellow it's mesures)
DAMN, i wish i my computer werent dead!
- i am a BETA tester for the dark brotherhoos crohnicles.

i could prehaps test it on a really slow computer?
If you think you can stand playing the campaign 5-10 times using all kinds of different ways and by solving it in every possible manner on a slow computer, be my guest Smile
okay, i hope i can get the time to tomorro,
Ok i'm on it with the cave. its been a long time since ive used it so hopefully i can get the idea again.

What do you reckon we should do about the master files? If i remove the valenwoodisland.esm from the list of masters then it removes the quest spider which therefore breaks two quests. How easy will it be to fix?

At the moment it will create issues when we merge as both masters as they are pretty much the same so it creates loads of duplicates!! A very messy mod.

EDIT: I have also done the wrecking stone model and added the telescope ingame. Just need to sort out the master issue now.
I'm really busy right now, but I will be more than happy to help you playtest this thoroughly at a later stage when I've got a bit more time. Smile
Quote:If I remove the valenwoodisland.esm from the list of masters then it removes the quest spider which therefore breaks two quests. How easy will it be to fix?

Not too hard I think. I will have to recreate the spider and make sure I'll give them the right Refs, other than that, if that's truely the only issue, there shouldn't be a problem.
Well they are the only warnings when i remove the dependency then load it in the CS. Well if it doesn't work we will have to think again. No loss we dont lose anything.
Well we can try, I'll make safety copies off my files before I try using it with any newer or blended esms Smile
Of course, i have many a backup of my files and always keep safe ones when doing any file changing/merging.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49